Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OEM Wing Mirror Cover Removal on a MK2.5

Jon Bhoy

Ok guys,going a bit mad on this one ! Have had a little bit of water get into the clear lens where the bulb is on the wing mirror so trying to get the cap off to remove the lens.Looked in the forum search and says about prising off in a certain area once the mirror has been lowered slightly.

Have looked and looked and pushed where i can and nothing.Only thing i could see was a philips head screw just below what looks like to plastic lines (Or bottom half of an H as i thought).No matter what i do nothings happening.Any suggestions folks.....apart from getting a garage to do it??

Many thanks

20190611_195146.jpg

20190611_195159.jpg

20190611_195213.jpg

20190611_195324.jpg

20190611_195351.jpg

You need to push small screwdrivers into each of the 2 notches you can see at the top of the casing once the lenses are tilted fully down.
You only need to flex the tabs down below the notches then push the cover forwards and lift off.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Thats the thing mate,i can only see one notch in there 😞

Have a look at this video-

https://youtu.be/9gSEAogkatk

It goes more in depth than you probably need but should help.

Also, I find that lowering the window while you do the job gives you a better angle to work.

• Like 1

Ok just went out in the rain with a better torch and saw the two but each time i push one down it flicks straght back up before i can push down and out the next one.Ill keep persevering once the rains off.As always,thanks Stoney.

• Like 1

Ok just went out in the rain with a better torch and saw the two but each time i push one down it flicks straght back up before i can push down and out the next one.Ill keep persevering once the rains off.As always,thanks Stoney.
Use 2 screwdrivers simultaneously, if you are deft enough you can insert the screwdrivers to flip the clips and push in deeper with care and push the cap forward a bit to where the clips won't relock before you try pulling the cap off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I need to hire you full time mate,you are a legend!

• Like 2

I need to hire you full time mate,you are a legend!
I learn from experience and practice [emoji41]

• Haha 2

Finally got the covers off (Thanks stoney) but an hour later go to start the car and get an engine malfunction warning.Checked the Test screen and got E200 and E197 codes so then get the battery pack out and it starts so took it for a 5 mile run and all seems ok but then checked Forscan and have P2122 , C1235 , C1234 , C1233 codes (ABS and i believe Throttle sensor codes)

Getting tired on having a crap Focus 😞

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club