Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta 1.6 tdci stage 3 issues

JayG96

hi unsure if im posting this in the right place but here goes, ive recently done a lot of modding to my 1.6 tdci fiesta including egr blank, decat, sportex exhaust system, 110 focus injectors, brand new 110 focus turbo, oil catch can from nb styling with a ram air con filter, the problem started when it went to be mapped they tried mapping it but could only reach 94bhp (88 standard) @ 2700 revs after that it wouldnt boost. it turned out that the actuator was not calibrated correctly so i calibrated it and the car seemed to behave a bit better but found out that the veins on the vnt turbo wasnt calibrated either so i bought yet another 110 focus turbo and again seems to have improved. the car pulls great until around 3000 revs and which point it doesn't want to boost anymore any suggestion or am i missing something?

64269874_2361143314149962_1046493748315291648_n.jpg

I'd suggest the vanes still aren't right tbh.  It's difficult to set them up properly.  How are you actuating them btw?  Using the Focus boost solenoid?

What exactly is happening at 3k - does it maintain ~30psi or is the boost dropping off at that point?  Any fault codes on Forscan?

im using the normal actuator that is "meant to be" set up on this new turbo havent tested it cuz dont have anyway to do it im using the fiesta boost solenoid although the mappers tried other solenoids as they thought that was the problem but didnt change anything, and the boost is dropping off at 3k up until that point pulls really well

• 1 month later...

What mapping company did you use? 94hp is just a small increase from standard. 

On 6/13/2019 at 7:34 PM, JayG96 said:

im using the normal actuator that is "meant to be" set up on this new turbo havent tested it cuz dont have anyway to do it im using the fiesta boost solenoid although the mappers tried other solenoids as they thought that was the problem but didnt change anything, and the boost is dropping off at 3k up until that point pulls really well

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, zain611 said:

What mapping company did you use? 94hp is just a small increase from standard. 

are you stage 3? if so your using a vnt turbo (variable veins) these turbo's work on the regular air pressure as well as back pressure, going from non vnt to vnt requires some one who knows what there doing to map it accordingly i used reidy remaps as i have heard lots of good things about him from the mk6 tdci facebook group and he was able to map my car from yeovil and i travelled up to boston (from great yarmouth) but since mapping ive had my head gaskett go and some kind of water leak might not be connected just strange

You could try contacting Steve at hdi tuning. He's well into these diesel engines 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club