Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta - wiper jets or core plugs 馃あ

ttheyid
聽Share

Hi guys. Hoping someone can confirm my suspicions and guide me through it 馃檲馃槀

2006 1.4 petrol聽fiesta only 40k, starting intermittent misfire. Plugged it in no codes so looked online and saw the washer jet common fault. Etc etc found the spark plug well full to the brim of water. Actually happy with that as not an expensive fix I dried out, new plugs leads and coil to be safe. Ran her up and noticed while sitting there white smoke. Open cover again to find car has already water in wells again after running for 20 mins.聽

Water was a rusty colour and car wasn鈥檛 overheating.聽

Would I be right in saying this is a core plug fault and the light white smoke is down to the coolant getting into the combustion chamber via spark聽plugs.聽

If so, I know the plugs are pennies, is there a guide to getting them out they just look flat not quite sure how to remove. Cheers!

Does your coolant level drop? If not its not core plug or anything to do聽with cooling.

I hadn鈥檛 noticed it but it was below minimum when I just checked so I should think it is dropping every time it fills the chamber聽

just scrapped one at 130k for same reason. mine was coolant as stated if its going down its likely that. get pressure tested to find out.

Is there a guide anywhere to change these plugs. I am pretty sure that is the fault聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club