Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk6 (2004) 5dr vs mk6.5 5dr trim compatibility query

Drkanglnomad

So the rear drivers side door trim (rub strip,slam strip, etc) has a piece snapped off. Looking to get a replacement just cus looks tacky at the mo. Found a couple of options. Either silly prices £70+ or absolute bargains £12. My question is, and may sound stupid, but a trim from the same door on a 5 door mk6.5 facelift will fit the mk6 pre-facelift. Am I correct?

The mk6.5 door strips will fit onto a pre facelift, although they are much wider so will look silly unless you replace the front ones at the same time, when I had my old mk6 I replaced my ones with the mk6.5 colour coded ones, which in my opinion looked much better than the standard narrow textured plastic ones.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Cheers for that. Will look into getting color match for mine then

Can I ask how you'll remove it? Just wondering for later on if I might decide to remove it for spraying 

Easily removed using a heat gun or hair dryer to warm up the double sided sticky tape and a piece of fishing wire or dental floss very easy to do, I’d highly recommend you colour coding them as they look so much better [emoji106]

I colour coded door and hatch handles too, get some from a scrappy to save all the rubbing down

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club