Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet roof lining?

SleepyMk7

Just been to my car to find that my roof lining towards the boot is wet. Upon further inspection, I've found that my boot carpet is wet and my spare wheel well is full of water. I'm assuming there's a leak somewhere. Boot lid seal maybe? Any ideas on how to prevent it?

Does it have a smell? could be the pipe to the rear washer has come off - some VWs have a join in this area (in case the tailgate has to come off?) and the pipe pops off - simply push it back on and use tape to secure it

3 hours ago, robbyvrs said:

Does it have a smell? could be the pipe to the rear washer has come off - some VWs have a join in this area (in case the tailgate has to come off?) and the pipe pops off - simply push it back on and use tape to secure it

It doesn't smell of anything unfortunately. That was one of my first thoughts. I was told when i bought the car that its common to leak around the rear light units. I applied a silicone seal but its still leaking. 

On older Fiestas the sealant under the plastic roof strips can dry out and leak. Have you checked those?

On 6/14/2019 at 10:18 PM, ThaiFiesta said:

On older Fiestas the sealant under the plastic roof strips can dry out and leak. Have you checked those?

I have checked them. After more investigation today, I think its coming from where the wiring goes from the body to the boot lid. The rubber gaiter. I had a dashcam fitted recently so I'm wondering if they tried wiring it through there and didn't put it back properly. 

Hi if there is a lot more condensation than usual in the car then that wiring rubber to the boot may not be tight but does your boot door sit flush all the way down as if it’s out at all rain can get past the seal