Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Radio Stopped Working After SYNC Update

JAM74

Hi, I own a 2016 Focus Titanium X and have an issue where the radio has stopped working.  Yesterday the wife took the car out and as she was driving home the SYNC system (touchscreen) did an update, this was on going and she had to wait in the drive (10 minutes approx) until it had finished.  It finished, screen came back to life, and she turned the engine off.  This morning wife gets into the car and the radio doesn't come on, press the button and it doesn't come on, scroll through the menu such as voice activation and can't be done.  Has anyone else experienced this and how do I fix it?  Can I force it to do a Reset and would this work?  Thanks.

Sometimes i have lost voice recognition too but has come back next time i restart.

If still doesnt work, then try a master reset in the settings. This will wipe out any sat nav favourites and paired phones etc

Tried again and still not working. In the bottom left hand corner of the display it says Entertainment : off - If I press the standby button to turn it on nothing happens (just beeps).

Take it to service, have them plug it in and restore functionality.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved! Other half read the manual before I was about to do a master reset and found the answer. To do an update for touchscreen SYNC press the "seek" button (under "tune+" button) and radio power button at the same time. After 5 seconds the screen will go black and the music comes on! After 1 -2 minutes screen comes back to life and everything back to working order. No trip to the garage needed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club