Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streaming music on Bluetooth

LondonFiesta

I’ve done a search, can’t find what I need

Also can’t find my manuals...

How do you stream music over bluetooth? I have a 2014 car (64) with the standard Zetec stereo, has a bluetooth phone set up.

I see I can play via USB, haven’t tried that yet but can’t see an option for streaming.

Thanks!

You dont have the steaming option only via usb.to get streaming you need an updated  bluetooth module, sorry cant tell you what number the module will need to be, hopefully someone will come along with the info

• Like 1

A 2014 zetec should have the SYNC system as standard (basically fancy bluetooth that's also capable of music streaming). Should just be a case of pressing the aux button till you get this screen. Shouldn't be any need to change modules though.

IMG_0004.thumb.jpg.bf27c8a7caca7120c9d6bf8a56bbdc46.jpg.acee46520c02d727322b4927f35c532a.jpg

A 2014 zetec should have the SYNC system as standard (basically fancy bluetooth that's also capable of music streaming). Should just be a case of pressing the aux button till you get this screen. Shouldn't be any need to change modules though.
IMG_0004.thumb.jpg.bf27c8a7caca7120c9d6bf8a56bbdc46.jpg.acee46520c02d727322b4927f35c532a.jpg

Great thanks. Will pop out and take a look in a bit [emoji1303]

On 6/15/2019 at 1:04 PM, Luke4efc said:

This.  Also, make sure your phone is paired with sync ok as well (sometimes it can be temperamental but its nothing a sync reset and re-pairing wont fix).  My previous Fiesta's worked fine with both Apple and Android (even the almost poverty spec "edge"), as does my current Fiesta

• Like 1

I also need to do a sync upgrade, found that on the Ford site so will check up and let you all know. Thanks so much for the help!

• Like 1

...just a heads up when SYNC upgrading, maybe consider the following: do all the things on the upgrading list, Except turning your engine on!

almost drove mine into a ditch and put a match to it, it did not work when I followed the list,

A nice Aussie guy told me not to turn on my engine, and whatta you know 🙂

c",) Jan

I have a 2015 ecoboost, about 2 weeks ago my bluetooth stopped working and will not pair to android or apple, I have tried to update sync and sync will not recognise my usb

11 hours ago, Adam129 said:

I have a 2015 ecoboost, about 2 weeks ago my Bluetooth stopped working and will not pair to android or apple, I have tried to update sync and sync will not recognise my usb

Try taking the fuse out or disconnecting the battery

...just a heads up when SYNC upgrading, maybe consider the following: do all the things on the upgrading list, Except turning your engine on!

almost drove mine into a ditch and put a match to it, it did not work when I followed the list,

A nice Aussie guy told me not to turn on my engine, and whatta you know 🙂

c",) Jan

A nice Aussie guy told me not to turn on my engine, and whatta you know [emoji846]

c",) Jan

Interesting! How long does it take? Concerned the battery will be knackered!

About 15 minutes, turn off A/C and lights then You should be good to go. It's a fairly big battery on cars with auto Start/stop, and the small amount of power needed to run the Radio/update will not have that much of an impact

🙂 Jan

• Like 1

...Oh, btw. My local Ford dealer ship confirms that the updating list doesn't seem to work on models made before april 2017, so it would seem that the list is for the new model only.

🙂 Jan

On 6/18/2019 at 10:38 AM, ThaiFiesta said:

Try taking the fuse out or disconnecting the battery. 

Thank you very much I will give that ago tomorrow 🤙

18 hours ago, Adam129 said:

Thank you very much I will give that ago tomorrow 🤙

A sync update is unlikely to fix this. You need to first make sure your model can be updated. Go to your radio settings and find the info section. Look for the letters D1BT or AM5T (or something very similar). The latter is Sync 1.0 and cant be updated.

A sync update is unlikely to fix this. You need to first make sure your model can be updated. Go to your radio settings and find the info section. Look for the letters D1BT or AM5T (or something very similar). The latter is Sync 1.0 and cant be updated.

I think mine is SYNC 1 being a 2014 car. I put in my VIN on the ford site and it says it needs an update?

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded the update and extracted to my USB...

Attempt 1: make sure the files are on root directory. Checked, two files and one folder so dropped files from folder to root directory

Attempt 2: still doesn’t recognise the files on the root directory

Attempt 3: deleted and redid the download, stored all files on root directory...

So still failing, got the same ‘make sure files stored to root’ message.

Anyone got any ideas on this? I used up my only free half hour today so will have to try again next week.

Attempt 4: found the issue about extracting the files from zip and followed the instructions on renaming the root folder in the auto install file and install file....still not working. I reformatted the USB to 16b 32FAT before too. 32GB new stick. Works fine otherwise.

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Format the drive to exfat.
Does the data contain a DONTINDX.MSA file?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No, no file name like that. I don’t have it with me but was a bunch of files with the same name but ending with two capitals, apart from one that had .sec as an extension and the two install files

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Ford/comments/4djkyq/cant_update_my_sync_software/

There should be instructions on how to update sync1. It was a long ago but when I updated mine (car is 2014/2015 mk7.5 Fiesta) I had to edit some text file to make things work. I quickly glanced through that topic and it seemed there are the same instructions I followed.

Great thanks all. I will try the exFAT approach and check the files. One of the other threads I found said to not have any files on the drive, not even the syncmyride/ one

Will report back next week [emoji1303]

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club