Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting front bumper with sensors built on

Lecrew21

Evening all thanks for all the helpful comments on my last few post some very helpful people this time in would like to know my car has factory fitted rear sensors which shows up on dash display can I fit front sensors of another focus and get them to show up on the display too eg plug and play or does it need a software update or not possible many thanks lee

Apart from the sensors you need the correct engine bay wiring harness that contains the front sensor wiring. Next to this the PAM (Parking Assistance Module) also need to be changed for one that supports front sensors. As an alternative the missing wiring can be added to the existing wiring harness.

You basically need the following parts:

* 6x Front parking sensor.
* Front lower grill with mounting holes/brackets for the middle ront parking sensors.
* PAM that supports both front and rear sensors.
* Engine bay wiring harness that contains the front parking sensor wiring.

After changing the Central Car Configuration both the front and rear parking sensors will be fully functional.

After retrofitting the front parking sensors it is only a small step to retrofit the Active Park Assist system. Apart from the front and rear parking sensors the Active Park Assist system requires the control switch with park assist button and different rear ABS sensors (with direction detection).

13 hours ago, Lecrew21 said:

Evening all thanks for all the helpful comments on my last few post some very helpful people this time in would like to know my car has factory fitted rear sensors which shows up on dash display can I fit front sensors of another focus and get them to show up on the display too eg plug and play or does it need a software update or not possible many thanks lee

Have a look to see if the wiring is in place first. You should be looking for 2 brownish plugs at the bottom right side of the boot. Behind the lining. 

Youl already have 1 and a black one plugged in for the rear sensors. Them plugs tapped at the bottom are what I’m talking about. I only had 2 not 3 so couldn’t fit the front with ease so just done the back. 

FD39C743-3851-430B-A304-6B5ABE87E19C.png

cheers mate will have a look today would love to have front sensors but knowing my luck aint got the wires

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club