Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine management light

JAGZ

Hi there recently purchased a mondeo mk3 2006 1.8 .and at the time did not think anything was astray , Only recently noticed on key turn there is no eml light on the displays , Everything else works , This leads me to believe the cowboy sales man has turned if off somehow , either bulb or software if that's possible , This was confirmed by my cheep OBD scanner showed 3 DTC faults , And still no EML light .I love the car and it drives great , i believe Its releated to the pcv manifold pipe ,My question is the eml light ,is it a simple bulb to replace ,or something else to get it working , I plan to get the car fixed back to 100% Thanks

Couple of things to check.

I would recommend that you get a piece of software called forscan ( http://www.forscan.org ) .  It is free and you can get a 2 month free licence as well.  This will give you more information your ODB will do the basics and if your OBD support both HS-Can and MS-Can if you will give all the information you need including any DTC codes.

You should also go to the following site and download you as built data and compare it with what you have on the car.  https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Be worth looking at the forscan guide group on Facebook and the forum on forscan.org too

Going by the mot rules the eml not working when turn ignition on will fail mot if yours is petrol but not fail if diesel . I think for diesels it is 2008 onwards.  

I don’t know about yours specifically but on some cars the bulb is a led soldered to the circuit board In the console. I have known some people to use silicon sealant to block the light between led and the speedo face

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club