Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulling to Left after new arm fitted

sonic113

Have MOT on Tue on the wifes Cmax ( 2009 petrol 1.6).  On Friday had a little look and the P/S tyre was well worn. D/S was worn but not as bad both will need replaced. The P/S ball joint was wrecked so I replaced the whole arm as one piece as well as a broken spring (I put two new springs in front as a set on both P/S and D/S) Got all sorted this morning and took for test drive but the car is seriously pulling to the left. when I drive and brake its braking straight (not pulling under braking force) but on a even road its pulling left.

I'm thinking its just wheel alignment in which I will get done tomorrow when I fit new tyres?

Thanks

Yeah, most likely just alignment after changing wishbones. 

It is possible get the wrong length wishbones sometimes, used to be more common on older cars though as non-PAS cars had shorter ones for an easier steer.

• Like 1

When I got new wishbones there was no pull in the steering and didn't align for a while with no adverse affects. It could be the ball joint or tie rod end binding or a very bad tyre.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club