Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet catch 57 focus style

MatinDa
聽Share

hi fellas聽

new member so be nice 馃憤

have a problem concerning opening my bonnet the key turns 聽blah blah 聽 .. end result won鈥檛 work !聽

Have looked on net and 聽seems the part needed is readily available and several ways of getting bonnet open 聽, 聽has anyone done this and can advice please 聽part number / best way to tackle job ! Seems it鈥檚 a regular ting on this model 馃サthanks in advance聽

martin馃憤

m

1 hour ago, MatinDa said:

hi fellas聽

new member so be nice 馃憤

have a problem concerning opening my bonnet the key turns 聽blah blah 聽 .. end result won鈥檛 work !聽

Have looked on net and 聽seems the part needed is readily available and several ways of getting bonnet open 聽, 聽has anyone done this and can advice please 聽part number / best way to tackle job ! Seems it鈥檚 a regular ting on this model 馃サthanks in advance聽

martin馃憤

m

Try this video if you want to have a go yourself:

Try and save the old lock barrel though, as otherwise your key won't work and you'll need to build up the barrel yourself which is fiddly! I got mine done for 拢110 all in at my local garage as I had neither the time nor the patience to do it myself.

• Like 1

I just got one of聽These things it saves the hassle and gives you a separate key to open the bonnet and have the engine running for any tests these come in 2 versions long and short it all depends on the version installed on your car measurements are supplied. Get the car up at both sides on jack stands and remove the front under shield and take out the four radiator bolts the radiator will not fall it will hang but don't let it stress too much. With the bolts removed you can move it back and forth to gain access to the bonnet lock mechanism bolts I think they were 8mm. Remove the bolts and also pull out the wire clip from the back otherwise when you pull the bonnet the wire will get torn out due to the lock still being attached to the bonnet. Then if you have a new lock its quite a simple task to replace it and be sure to grease the mechanism with some silicone grease.

Could anyone tell me if it鈥檚 the short or long version I need without taking to bits first , want to order but unsure 馃槓 57 style 1800 hatch 馃悾

43 minutes ago, MatinDa said:

Could anyone tell me if it鈥檚 the short or long version I need without taking to bits first , want to order but unsure 馃槓 57 style 1800 hatch 馃悾

The short version is standard.聽 The long one is designed not to fall apart when the grill moves 1mm... 聽

I got the grill off as shown in the video but instead of smashing it with a lump hammer I reached in and undid the bolts holding the locking mechanism and took it all off in one piece.聽 You have to remember to undo the alarm wires or they will rip off when you open the bonnet.聽 聽I never put it back though and just made up a long reach blade to stick into the cross and twist whenever I need to open the bonnet.

I had the long type cable聽on my car - I just measured it at 26cm which聽compares with the dimensions given on the eBay ad in the link.聽 It looks good value compared to others selling just the plastic cross piece for a fiver!聽 @Focue, does it all fit and work as it should?聽 The reason I didn't refit one is that I wasn't confident that it wouldn't happen again.

Yes it works perfect and it won't do the same thing as before as ford had it set up to be a tamper proof measure with the part that falls out of place hence locking you out聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club