Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 fiesta 1.4 tdci error code p0087

Keithy

Just got my first diesel fiesta and am having a few problems

Car doesn't want to rev accelerates very slowly runs up to around 70 but no power cant overtake i have a bluetooth code reader and it gives me code p0087

any one got any ideas whet the fault could be.

Thanks in advance for your help

The code is low fuel pressure I believe. My first thought would be fuel filter might need changing. I think yours has a fuel priming bulb that you squeeze to bleed after swapping filter which makes life much easier. Some later ones don’t have that which makes bleeding difficult. My sister has same car as you and it really does seem to go very well. Way better than small engine petrol. Hope you get yours going right.

i would also say ,as always with fault codes, you can’t tell how long that fault code has been held in the system. After reading fault codes always clear the codes and see what reappears when you drive it again. As you only have one code it is likely to be same.

i assume you realise that I had replied to your previous post in same way, and no one else responded. This might mean that others who read it agreed with my thought, but we can’t really tell. 

So if anyone else reading this thinks the same as me please say so for Keithy

Ps my previous 1.6tdci was being troublesome and code said low fuel pressure. I changed fuel filter and as was fine after that for at least 40k miles. 

2 hours ago, isetta said:

The code is low fuel pressure I believe. My first thought would be fuel filter might need changing. I think yours has a fuel priming bulb that you squeeze to bleed after swapping filter which makes life much easier. Some later ones don’t have that which makes bleeding difficult. My sister has same car as you and it really does seem to go very well. Way better than small engine petrol. Hope you get yours going right.

i would also say ,as always with fault codes, you can’t tell how long that fault code has been held in the system. After reading fault codes always clear the codes and see what reappears when you drive it again. As you only have one code it is likely to be same.

i assume you realise that I had replied to your previous post in same way, and no one else responded. This might mean that others who read it agreed with my thought, but we can’t really tell. 

So if anyone else reading this thinks the same as me please say so for Keithy

Hi reposted because I missed putting the problem in the title. Thanks for the info have ordered a full service kit will do the jobs at the weekend. 

Thanks again for your help

Yes I see what you mean. A lot of people get that wrong. I think ford owners club should take this on board and redo the words on the screen to guide people to put the problem in the title. Or enable editing of the title when you realise.

I hope you get it going right, I think these diesels are very good. If changing multiple things I would do one at a time and then test. then if anything else crops up it’s easier to tell what happened.

1 hour ago, isetta said:

I hope you get it going right, I think these diesels are very good. If changing multiple things I would do one at a time and then test. then if anything else crops up it’s easier to tell what happened.

Hope it turns out ok seems a good car other than the power issuses

hi changed fuel filter & air filter still the same

codes

p0089

p0113

any ideas , dont want to keep just buying parts thanks k

i'm not expert enough to suggest what the next course of action should be for the low fuel pressure code.

p0113 seems to be air intake temperature sensor.

if I recall correctly from my sister's 1.4tdci, the MAF sensor and air intake temp sensor are one combined unit. Hers was showing fault for air intake temp. I had a look and there was one broken wire on the electrical plug. I have not repaired this and it does not seem to affect the running of the car at all ( and MOT passed twice since I found the broken wire).

You may have accidentally broken a wire when changing the air filter - they might be brittle with age perhaps. Anyway I am mentioning this about my sister's car because it would seem to suggest that the air intake temp sensor would not be serious enough to cause the problem you have.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club