Fsp4790

Hi will A set of mk6 st interior fit a mk 6 style fiesta 

kind regards 

Ray

1 hour ago, Fsp4790 said:

kind regards 

Ray

Yes I'm sure they will 👍. I remember someone on here did this for his sons car @TangoDaz

Why not get the zetec s seats? Exactly the same except they don't have the 'ST' embroidery on them. 

Thank you Zain will have a look for them 

• Like 1

And the usual dilemma do you tell the insurance company or chance it. The questions / statement of fact will normally be worded to class this as something they want to know about

1 hour ago, isetta said:

And the usual dilemma do you tell the insurance company or chance it. The questions / statement of fact will normally be worded to class this as something they want to know about

Just out of interest, does anyone remember at what point insurers started to take such a dim view of even the slightest modification? - in line with the growth of "compensation culture" I guess. I recall back in the day, telling my insurer about various mods I was doing on my Mk1 Cortina - carb, exhaust, suspension, wider wheels and tyres, quarter bumpers, etc, etc and they weren't interested in the slightest.

During the 1980s I worked for a well known(at that time) private motor insurer. The question was have you made any modifications to increase the performance of your vehicle. Around 1984 it was changed so it referred to any modification not just performance mods. My brother had a Vauxhall cresta pc that was modified to a pickup. We made sure he used an old form to get insurance. Of course it was all paper forms in those days

I don’t know if all insurers changed about same time. The theory is that if you modify your car you will drive in a more spirited fashion

9 minutes ago, isetta said:

I don’t know if all insurers changed about same time. The theory is that if you modify your car you will drive in a more spirited fashion

But you're also more likely to look after it if you're putting time and money into mods... :unsure:

Tbh I don't get attached to cars, but I regularly see people on forums and Facebook groups that are genuinely heartbroken when thier pride and joy gets written off by another driver.  It's not often at all that I see fault claims on modded cars. :sad:

By the way , I am not saying I agree with the theory. 

Getting back to the seats....

Are there any differences with airbags and pretensioner arrangements ? I believe there was options on extra airbags but not sure if they were in the seats.

Assuming the Style is also two door, you might want to renew the seat back release handles before you swap the seats, which is quite easy,  to get the seats out, disconnect battery, disconnect pretensioner plug, remove head restraint, and undo the four torx bolts, lift out seat, then remove ten years of accumulated dust from under the seat!  I found a dirty sock under my passenger seat, possibly from the previous owner !

Hi.

If anyone ever needs any help with insurance for modifications then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards.

Dan.

On 6/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, Fsp4790 said:

kind regards 

Ray

He's a picture of my zetec s seats. Just a cleaner version of the ST seats without the ST logo. 

DSC_0228.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club