Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery charging

KOJACK

Hi all apologies if this has been posted already, I have recently bought a 2016 Mondeo Titanium my stop/start doesn't work neither does my front window heated screen, Im told & read its probably the battery not fully charged or faulty, can I charge the battery while its still connected to the car or If I disconnect the battery would I have to worry about any system or head unit codes to get everything working again.I travel 50miles a day nearly all motorway driving so not sure why the battery is not fully charged.

Many thanks

Gary

Not still under warranty ????

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

On 6/17/2019 at 1:22 PM, KOJACK said:

Hi all apologies if this has been posted already, I have recently bought a 2016 Mondeo Titanium my stop/start doesn't work neither does my front window heated screen, Im told & read its probably the battery not fully charged or faulty, can I charge the battery while its still connected to the car or If I disconnect the battery would I have to worry about any system or head unit codes to get everything working again.I travel 50miles a day nearly all motorway driving so not sure why the battery is not fully charged.

Many thanks

Gary

For a MK5 Mondeo you don't have to worry about any radio codes etc, in terms of charging the battery I'd personally be a lot more comfortable removing it from the car to charge it to be safe (peace of mind).

• Like 2

Sounds like the battery. My Mondeo is intermittent with stop start due to the state of charge in the battery. I've charged my battery and tested it with a professional tester which states the battery is fully charged and good. Use my car afterwards and stop start works for around 5 days then goes back to intermittent. Think I prefer it not working on a diesel. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club