Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Windows

TaylorA

I’ve got a 18 plate fiesta St line. Is there anyway I can put the front electric window down with my key? 

1 hour ago, TaylorA said:

I’ve got a 18 plate fiesta St line. Is there anyway I can put the front electric window down with my key? 

Yes, unlock the car, then press and hold the unlock key until they start going down, to close, hold the lock key until they start going back up 

You need to have global closing enabled in the settings menu to do this, assuming your car has global closing (mine doesn't). Afaik this feature is only on 5 door cars with electric rear windows.

22 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

You need to have global closing enabled in the settings menu to do this, assuming your car has global closing (mine doesn't). Afaik this feature is only on 5 door cars with electric rear windows.

Good point on the menu settings. The feature is also on the 3 door cars too, mine has this and it’s the 3 door 😉 

• Like 1

I’ll give it a go later on today. Nice one 

12 hours ago, DG97 said:

The feature is also on the 3 door cars too, mine has this and it’s the 3 door 😉 

I didn't put that very well - I was trying to say you needed to have electric rear windows to have this feature on a 5 door😀

17 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I didn't put that very well - I was trying to say you needed to have electric rear windows to have this feature on a 5 door😀

I see, all makes sense now! 😉 

• Like 1

My previous 6 cars all had electric rear windows but they were never used. Likewise global closing, except one time when I must have put pressure on the keys in my pocket and returned to the car to find all the windows down. So when I found the ST-L X didn't have them as standard (surprising, as the Titanium X does) I didn't bother ticking that particular box!😀

24 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

My previous 6 cars all had electric rear windows but they were never used. Likewise global closing, except one time when I must have put pressure on the keys in my pocket and returned to the car to find all the windows down. So when I found the ST-L X didn't have them as standard (surprising, as the Titanium X does) I didn't bother ticking that particular box!😀

I've always had 3 door cars so I guess having any form of openable rear windows would be a luxury 😀

• 3 years later...

Does anybody know why you have to have electric rear windows for this to work? Surely it can be made to work without, albeit that manual rear windows wouldn't roll down.

I don't understand why it is this way?

2 minutes ago, FuentesTheDog said:

Does anybody know why you have to have electric rear windows for this to work? Surely it can be made to work without, albeit that manual rear windows wouldn't roll down.

I don't understand why it is this way?

The front door modules just aren't built with this function on the lower specced models.  Need to have the higher spec door modules and possibly the higher spec GEM/BCM as well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club