Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 EPB Headache

Maxdriver

Hi all and thanks for reading.

So this is a 68 plate new shape manual focus used for driving tuition. Electric handbrake is auto-releases when you find enough bite to make the car move.

All has been fine most of the time, but it goes through spells which last a week or two at a time when the handbrake requires so much force to auto release that it will stall unless you release it manually by pressing the parking brak button down. Obviously this is very confusing for my learners who expect it to perform the same every time. When it’s working normally outside of these intermittent periods, it requires very little bite on the flat to release. More bite and gas is required uphill which is fully understandable.

Anyone heard of this before? My guess is a fault with some kind of pitch sensor perhaps?

obviously the car is under warranty but every time I book it in, the dealership has such a waiting list the fault resolved itself before the booked appointment 

Sounds like the abs module needs a software update. 

17 minutes ago, iantt said:

Sounds like the abs module needs a software update. 

Interesting. Does that have to be done at the dealership or can I do it via WiFi on the touch screen?

WiFi updating in the UK doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dealer visit for abs, I would book it in again for them to have a look. 

• Like 2

On 6/18/2019 at 12:37 AM, Maxdriver said:

Interesting. Does that have to be done at the dealership or can I do it via WiFi on the touch screen?

You don't update any module's software by WLAN / WiFi. Only Sync is updated using WLAN.

• Like 1