Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MPG question?

GarethW99

Hey everyone

I have 2013 Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 100ps with about 25,800 miles on the clock.

I don’t use the car a great deal throughout the week as I’m a student and I travel to my uni by train so the car can be parked by the house for a few days at the time however on my days off I will take it for a little run on the dual carriageway to get the engine warm, or if I go out with some friends the car will be used. Would say my annual milage would be about 3,000; even less.

I’m currently getting 45MPG on these current driving habits - would you say that’s a good figure for the amount of driving I do? I’m not really sure what’s ‘good’ or ‘bad’ in terms of MPG figures.

Many thanks

Roughly the same as mine which is the same year and model.

My average in mixed driving is about the same as yours and Bob's. There are loads of threads on this topic and even a survey somewhere, but most people seem to fall into the mid-40s area.

I have the Titanium X Ecoboost 125 2014/64 plate, 16,200 miles, currently average 31.5mpg but that is on a 2 mile commute to work and back in heavy traffic and sometimes driving like a hooligan.

I have an mk8 2019 fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 100ps 6 speed automatic , I normally get 62 mpg driving on a highway on 60 to 62 mph , once I managed to get surprisingly 94 mpg on highway driving at 50 to 55 mph with very very careful driving while avoiding to push it harder on hills , leaving it to coast downhill with foot off the accelerator pedal, city driving mpg is awful, I can only get 30 to 35 mpg and sometimes  as low as 28 mpg thanks to the overcrowded streets of Cairo 🙂 I once pushed it to 113 mph on highway and I got 28 mpg also  😂

On 6/18/2019 at 2:14 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

My average in mixed driving is about the same as yours and Bob's. There are loads of threads on this topic and even a survey somewhere, but most people seem to fall into the mid-40s area.

I would look at around 35 (very local stop/start/traffic and around 50 constant run on a nice speed so your spot on there,i have the 1.6 non eco so no turbo and i get

very local stop start around 25 or a bit more and a run and bit more around 40 and thats not a petrol saving friendly car but i do stupid low miles a year and stupid local driving.

....Loads of topics on this but i wouldn't say 60+ is a right reading as just don't seem right as i do online checks as car MPG aint that accurate.

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

....Loads of topics on this but i wouldn't say 60+ is a right reading as just don't seem right as i do online checks as car MPG aint that accurate.

Yes, I've seen some ludicrous readings (either way) on trip computers over the years so, as I've mentioned on other threads, I always calculate my own mpg figures based on brim to brim readings.

As for the 62 and over readings mentioned by @Eng_Ahmad1986above, from his other posts he is very meticulous and his figures for city traffic and high speed driving sound right. I don't know what general driving conditions are like in Egypt but I suspect there may be more opportunities to roll along a flat, straight road at a constant 60 mph than I get in Yorkshire! Plus ambient temperatures will be higher so less time on warm up. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 10:48 AM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, I've seen some ludicrous readings (either way) on trip computers over the years so, as I've mentioned on other threads, I always calculate my own mpg figures based on brim to brim readings.

As for the 62 and over readings mentioned by @Eng_Ahmad1986above, from his other posts he is very meticulous and his figures for city traffic and high speed driving sound right. I don't know what general driving conditions are like in Egypt but I suspect there may be more opportunities to roll along a flat, straight road at a constant 60 mph than I get in Yorkshire! Plus ambient temperatures will be higher so less time on warm up. 

on the part of high ambient temperature you are absolutely right 🙂 we are in summer season now in Egypt and the temperature ranges from 30 to 35 degrees Celsius , sometimes it reaches 38 !! 🙂 on the part of Cairo traffic I will leave the explanation to this photo 😄 😄 

traffic1-e1417076235287.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club