Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picking up new MK8 Fiesta.....

ElliotReid

...next Thursday. Is there anything to look for that in your opinion is a potential issue?

Cheers all  

• Like 1

Check if the bonnet and headlamps are aligned correctly - I think that was an issue some had with their Mk8s. 

Other than that, the standard stuff as with any other cars. 

Enjoy the car! 🙂 

Also check for quickly (read poorly) done polishing by the dealer as prep work. You’d see clear smudges on the panels and also bits of polish left over in panel gaps. Minor issue but highlights how little effort and time is given to the cars by dealers doing prep work. 

1 hour ago, DG97 said:

Check if the bonnet and headlamps are aligned correctly - I think that was an issue some had with their Mk8s. 

Other than that, the standard stuff as with any other cars. 

Enjoy the car! 🙂 

when I got mine there was misalignment between the bonnet and right/left fenders , the left gap is wider than the right one , I didn't notice when I took it from the dealer , afterwards and I went to the dealer , and he adjusted the gaps by narrowing the left gap a little bit so that its similar to the right one , he also told me that a lot of mk8 fiestas had that issue , check for that 🙂 

Over the first few days / weeks (on decent enough journeys) keep an eye on the Sat-Nav and see if you get the re-occuring 'GPS Failure' red icon on the display.  Quite a few people have that on their MK8 (me included) and the promised FORD fix has't materialised.

Hope it's sorted on the new models though 🙂

gps.thumb.png.c7387ceb0a9a5acec058ca93021b176f.png

Aye the dealer didn't prep my focus properly, polish streaks everywhere.  I did it myself a couple of days after

Thanks all, some things to look for next week. 

On 6/20/2019 at 8:40 AM, ElliotReid said:

Thanks all, some things to look for next week. 

Sure it'll be great Pete 😎

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club