Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof Rack for MK2.5?

Jon Bhoy

Looking for a roof rack for a 3 door MK2.5 . Am on a fairly tight budget so below £50 would be about all i could afford at the moment . I have looked on eBay and all i keep coming up with are ones for 5 door etc and saying not available so am a bit lost.So any 3 door owners recommend anything ? Many thanks all

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jon Bhoy said:

Looking for a roof rack for a 3 door MK2.5 . Am on a fairly tight budget so below £50 would be about all i could afford at the moment . I have looked on Ebay and all i keep coming up with are ones for 5 door etc and saying not available so am a bit lost.So any 3 door owners recommend anything ? Many thanks all

I would imagine the five door and three door are the same mate, 

The width of the vehicle is the same and the bars 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

I would imagine the five door and three door are the same mate, 

The width of the vehicle is the same and the bars 

Thats just what i thought Lenny but most of the ones listed have clips that also have to go under the top of the door which you cant do with the 3 door for some reason.It had me puzzled each time i did the compatability test and said not to be used on 3 door!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jon Bhoy said:

Thats just what i thought Lenny but most of the ones listed have clips that also have to go under the top of the door which you cant do with the 3 door for some reason.It had me puzzled each time i did the compatability test and said not to be used on 3 door!!!

Do the rear bars not hook under the rear doors?  I know the 3dr openings are longer but even so, I don't think they're long enough to spread the rear load far enough back?

6 hours ago, Jon Bhoy said:

Perhaps cut a section off the roof 😅

Sorry about my initial post; I dont usually post misleading information;

I must be getting too old for the forum now; I'm getting a bit shaky on the integrity of my input 😂

I used to be on the money every time called me "The Resident Sherpa" they did; i had the daily most liked content for 248 days 🏋️champion; but now I'm just dishing out scutter ☺️

Like Glen Campbell turning up for a gig & forgetting the words to the songs due to alsimers; true story 

• Thanks 1

You are a legend Lenny in the community,always were and always will be Sir.Your guides have helped so many including myself so do not be hard on yourself buddy :-)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jon Bhoy said:

You are a legend Lenny in the community,always were and always will be Sir.Your guides have helped so many including myself so do not be hard on yourself buddy 🙂

Thanks mate sorry to have hijacked your thread with misleading information 

18 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Do the rear bars not hook under the rear doors?  I know the 3dr openings are longer but even so, I don't think they're long enough to spread the rear load far enough back?

Gives a launch pad stance to the roof box 🛫

• Like 1

Someone's selling a genuine set of roofbars in the for sale section on here...I'm pretty sure the genuine ones slot into the roof, where the black gutter strips are so doesn't matter whether 3dr or 5dr for those.

• Like 1