Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Troubleshooting my new car

Tomom99

Hi,

i have literally just bought myself a 1.6 tdci econetic titanium fiesta 2012. When I say literally I am sat outside my house in my new car which I have just dove from the garage. I have noticed an issue on my way home and was hoping that the knowledgable people on this forum would be able to Leo or point me in the right direction..

So if I plug my phone into the USB port, it initialises and plays music happily. However if I attempt to skip the song using either my steering wheel switches or the centre console switches the songs constantly switch, continuously without playing a song. Any ideas? I'm not great with electrics tbh.

another query.. This version of the fiesta isn't the most aggressive looking so I was hoping to change its cosmetics from other ford models. So

1. Could I put the Zetec S rear diffuser onto my car as a straight swap? (09 Zetec s)

2.would I be able to take the zetec s spoiler and straight swap it onto my car? (09 zetec s)

3. Could I take the mk7.5 bumper (either honeycomb or fish grilled) and straight swap it onto my car? (13-16 fiesta bumper)

4. Would I be able to straight swap the mk7.5 light unit? The one with the straight LED lights on the bottom.

5. Also how do I get my front unit to stop rattling I put the music volume on 8 and I can hear vibrations/plastic.

apart from that has anyone got any suggestions on where I could get my car remapped professionally? I live in the north west. And would anyone recommend any non-main dealership mechanics to work on my ford. 

I know I've asked a lot and id appreciate any feedback given, so here's a preemptive thank you from me! 

1) yes, but depending on the exhaust setup you might be left with a gaping hole

2) Yes, although you may need to extend the wiring loom for brake light for it to reach.

3) No. New bonnet, lights, and wings required. Basically the whole front end is different.

4) Same as above. They're a different shape.

5) what does front unit mean? Theres loads of units mounted at the front...

On 21 June 2019 at 10:26 PM, Luke4efc said:

1) yes, but depending on the exhaust setup you might be left with a gaping hole

2) Yes, although you may need to extend the wiring loom for brake light for it to reach.

3) No. New bonnet, lights, and wings required. Basically the whole front end is different.

4) Same as above. They're a different shape.

5) what does front unit mean? Theres loads of units mounted at the front...

Thanks for the reply Luke! I really appreciate the info, it's given me a lot to think about, I've been looking at new alloys and wondering if the black 1L ecoboost alloys would fit my 1.6tdi fiesta. 

Yes, both the same PCD at 4x108. And both have the same circumference so no need to worry about calibrating speedo.

However, the 17's are a wider wheel and Ford recommends fitting steering rack limiters to stop them rubbing on the arches. When I had my Zetec I fitted the 17" rims and didnt bother with the rack limiters. I had no issues with the tyres rubbing on anything but it's up to you. The limiters are only a few quid on eBay and take minutes to install once the cars jacked up.

2 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Yes, both the same PCD at 4x108. And both have the same circumference so no need to worry about calibrating speedo.

However, the 17's are a wider wheel and Ford recommends fitting steering rack limiters to stop them rubbing on the arches. When I had my Zetec I fitted the 17" rims and didnt bother with the rack limiters. I had no issues with the tyres rubbing on anything but it's up to you. The limiters are only a few quid on Ebay and take minutes to install once the cars jacked up.

Ok great, I'm planning on using 20mm hub spacers too, would this reduce the amount the wheel would rub the arch?

also I have been looking at swapping the springs on the car, I am split between H&R and Eibach springs both 40mm, would these work with the ecoboost alloys? Also would you recommend either brand as I can't tell much of a difference! 

Also thanks again luke if I'm honest I'm not great with cars but I am willing to put the time and effort in to get the best results, it means a lot to have some help along the way! I shall be taking photos at each stage of the journey to show the progress when I create the forum thread I'll put a link in this thread! 

Also luke4efc what year was your zetec that you fitted the 17" alloys too?  Was it a Mk 6? 

2014 Mk7.5, the facelift of what you have. No difference at all in terms of the wheel arches/suspension.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club