Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Don`t do it IT Hurt`s

Tekman
聽Share

Ok so last week I decided to re shuffle my workshop and doing so decided in my tiny brain to move one of my Tool cabinets you know the one`s Halford`s three tier top box is 6 draw with top open,

so moved it with all tools in and found out one of rear casters had dropped into a small hole so on my hand`s and knees looking and found out if I put pry bar with a block to lift it up will work, so lifted gentle and heard a sound which I now know has sliding draws opening, oh yes if a unit opens all draws it will be unbalanced ( I learnt something new ) so yes it did and it fell off and yes it did hit me with all the tools across my shoulders neck and back well my son ran in managed to lift it up so I could crawl out I managed to get into house where I knelt down put my head on coffee table and said ouch that hurt.

So A week later still very very sore oh yes workshop still needs sorting, So if you own a tool cabinet system Gorilla glue the units together or when you move it the dam thing will bite you.

cheers聽馃馃馃

• Like 3

We all live and learn 馃憤. I try to be extra careful with these sort of stuff as although I might hurt myself there's going to be someone moaning at me聽

• Like 1

Learnt my lesson years ago.

Fitting a kitchen for a friend and laid my cordless drill on the work surface.

Had to knock a wedge under the unit to level it off and while hitting the wedge the drill bounced to the edge of the counter and fell off hitting me on the back of the head.

Luckily the battery hit first, if it had hit point first I would have ended up with a drill bit in the skull.

Still very painful but could have been far worse.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This could be a start of a new Topic ......''Don't do it..IT WILL HURT''聽 i would say everyone done something like this well i have.

Its one of them things where we know what could happen but our brains just say.....Go on do it....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

This could be a start of a new Topic ......''Don't do it..IT WILL HURT''聽 i would say everyone done something like this well i have.

Its one of them things where we know what could happen but our brains just say.....Go on do it....

That`s a good idea COME ON EVERYONE we have all done it let us know ........

• Like 1

My dad told me loads going back years as 91 now and was a builder so involved from bricks to scaffolding,so much for health and safety back then.

He was Nealy a goner back in his 50's when he fell off a roof and i can remember but i was young,crawler was on roof and ladders against it and slid down roof as he was at the side and onto the grass on his back,missed concrete by a few feet or that would of been it and all i know there was only 2 ribs not broken and in a bad way and now here at 91.

I praise the NHS for them days as they worked day and night on him.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jace1969 said:

This could be a start of a new Topic ......''Don't do it..IT WILL HURT''聽

I tend to have a 6th sense for injuries and often go well over the top to avoid them but when I do injure myself it's usually something to do with a car! :rolleyes:聽 Think the worst one was probably the ratchet slipping off the crank pulley bolt while turning the engine over by hand after a belt change back around 5 years ago.聽 The full force that I'd been putting into the crank, plus the weight of the ratchet handle mashed my thumb into the brake caliper, thick gloves probably saved me a broken thumb but it was ridiculously painful for days after and of course bruised immediately.聽 Needless to say I now use a long bar and an extension to keep my hands well out of danger! :laugh:

The only other injury I regularly get is bashing my head on things that have been there for years...don't even know how it happens!聽 Things like the garage door and the cooker hood...it's not like they've moved and I haven't grown any more for at least a decade lol.聽

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 10:27 AM, TomsFocus said:

The only other injury I regularly get is bashing my head on things that have been there for years...don't even know how it happens!聽 Things like the garage door and the cooker hood...it's not like they've moved and I haven't grown any more for at least a decade lol.聽

Tbf, that happens to me a lot being 6ft4in 馃槀! Often bash me knees on the car dashboard as well.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Tbf, that happens to me a lot being 6ft4in 馃槀! Often bash me knees on the car dashboard as well.

lol I know what you mean I am 6ft2inch and my shed door is 5ft 10inch yep I never learn聽馃槀

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club