Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking sound on 2015 fiesta 1.25 zetec when going over bumps

titterton123

My 2015 fiesta 1.25 zetec has a knocking sound from the rear when the car is going over bumps has anyone else had this problem? My guess would be either rear shocks, suspension,drop links or maybe a rotted exhaust clip but there doesnt seem to be excessive exhaust movements i dont have much mechanical knowledge just wanted to be pre armed before i take it to a garage any information would be much appreciated thank you in advance 

I know this may seem a bit odd but before you go and check anything mechanical such as the suspension. Open the hatch and check the dampers that help suspend the hatch door. Mine have recently gone bad and my car sounded like it had blown shocks but upon further inspection, I found out that was issue. 

If it’s not that, we can start to diagnose other issues. The rear suspension is relatively easy to tighten/remove and only requires two different sockets and a wrench to work with. 

It could be a broken spring but more likely the spring isolating rubbers are perished. Easy and cheap fix if you use the OEM ones or there’s very good but expensive powerflex ones. 

If it’s at the front then it’s usually the anti-roll bar D bushes. 

Hey.

It can be bushes as well.I had the same problem with mine couple of month ago.Every time I went over speed bumps,there was knocking sound coming from rear.And same as you I was thinking its rear suspension.So I went to garage and straight away they said,the problem is bushes.Wasnt expensive to fix.

Mine always sounds like it’s hitting the poxy speed bump it’s a funny noise mine makes had it looked at and nobody can find anything wrong with it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club