Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2.0TDCI 2006 - what's it got?

RichardLordOnline

Hi everyone, total newbie to this site and the forum so please bear with me!

I bought a 2006 Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI the other day and I really love it. I just don't know what the radio has got and what it hasn't and could do with some guidance. 

On the radio, it has an AUX button and a phone button. I can't find where the aux socket is (if it has one). Is there a definitive place where it would be, or how I can find out? The radio has BT ON/OFF but I can't get my iPhone 8+ to find it as yet. 

In the glove compartment, on the right hand side there is a circular twisty thing (sorry for the description!) and also something that looks like it may be a 3.5mm jack socket at the very back, but I am not sure if that is anything relevant or not. Any help would much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/25/2019 at 8:21 AM, RichardLordOnline said:

Hi everyone, total newbie to this site and the forum so please bear with me!

I bought a 2006 Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI the other day and I really love it. I just don't know what the radio has got and what it hasn't and could do with some guidance. 

On the radio, it has an AUX button and a phone button. I can't find where the aux socket is (if it has one). Is there a definitive place where it would be, or how I can find out? The radio has BT ON/OFF but I can't get my iPhone 8+ to find it as yet. 

In the glove compartment, on the right hand side there is a circular twisty thing (sorry for the description!) and also something that looks like it may be a 3.5mm jack socket at the very back, but I am not sure if that is anything relevant or not. Any help would much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Welcome mate.  The "circular twisty thing" at the top of the glovebox IS a 3.5 input and once an appropriate device is plugged in you should be able to get sound from it by selecting the AUX input on the head unit.

Any additional functionality i.e. bluetooth is controlled by a seperate module which IF it's fitted is behind the glove box.  It often wasn't fitted as standard and if it's not fitted, pressing the "phone" button will just mute whatever audio you've got playing such as the radio.

1 hour ago, 1979Damian said:

Welcome mate.  The "circular twisty thing" at the top of the glovebox IS a 3.5 input and once an appropriate device is plugged in you should be able to get sound from it by selecting the AUX input on the head unit.

Any additional functionality i.e. bluetooth is controlled by a seperate module which IF it's fitted is behind the glove box.  It often wasn't fitted as standard and if it's not fitted, pressing the "phone" button will just mute whatever audio you've got playing such as the radio.

I think the twisty thing is to turn of the passenger air bag and yes the aux in is a 3.5 jack.