Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Starter

brucie

Mondeo Mk3 1.8lx 2002. She turns over but fails to start. Spark at plugs, fuel cut off switch is depressed, no blown fuses, cannot hear fuel pump priming itself. Is there any other checks I can do before replacing the fuel pump? Most times it would start straight away sometimes after a few turns, now not at all.

Mondeo Mk3 1.8lx 2002. She turns over but fails to start. Spark at plugs, fuel cut off switch is depressed, no blown fuses, cannot hear fuel pump priming itself. Is there any other checks I can do before replacing the fuel pump? Most times it would start straight away sometimes after a few turns, now not at all.

sounds like a fuel issue to me might be a new pump time if you have plenty of spark im assuming that the coil pack is fine

sounds like a fuel issue to me might be a new pump time if you have plenty of spark im assuming that the coil pack is fine

i would start by checking any fuses and relays specific to the pump and then check all wiring to it and any earths.

also check that there is power getting to the pump.

i would start by checking any fuses and relays specific to the pump and then check all wiring to it and any earths.

also check that there is power getting to the pump.

Ordered 2nd hand one £42 so no great expense if not the pump. Question - can i hook up replacement before installing to see if it runs, thus ensuring its not a wiring fault. Dont want to do any damage. Power is getting to pump, meter reads when ignition turned on.

cheers

Have you checked to see if your getting fuel up to the fuel rail?

Spark at end of HT leads?

There a 3 amp engine management fuse that blows in the engine compartment check that.

Have you checked to see if your getting fuel up to the fuel rail?

Spark at end of HT leads?

There a 3 amp engine management fuse that blows in the engine compartment check that.

Fuse ok, there is a spark, what is the best way of checking fuel at the rail? If the pump has gone would there still be enough pressure for injectors to inject fuel? Plugs are bone dry.

Fuse ok, there is a spark, what is the best way of checking fuel at the rail? If the pump has gone would there still be enough pressure for injectors to inject fuel? Plugs are bone dry.

with the pump gone there will be no fuel in the rail as youll have used what was left in the pipe turning it over

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club