Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best laptop around £500

jace1969

What would you recomend like on make,i have a MSI for 2 years and never again as very flimsy lid and squashed wire under hinge and now screen playing up.

Looked at this https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-aspire-5-a515-52-15-6-intel-core-i7-laptop-1-tb-hdd-silver-10188924-pdt.html

I have only ever had MSI just the 1 and HP and old Dells......only used for serfing web and youtube no games but want fast AC wifi as i have upto 350 connection on virgin amd 15.6'' or more screen size.

Acer are a good make. I'm currently using an Acer Nitro V as I do sometimes game and I do photography so need a good one to run editing software. 

I will say that I have found 4GB RAM to be slow when running Windows 10. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Acer are a good make. I'm currently using an Acer Nitro V as I do sometimes game and I do photography so need a good one to run editing software. 

I will say that I have found 4GB RAM to be slow when running Windows 10. 

So would you say this one not to bad at £520 from currys and just double the ram size at a later date as it seems a good spec at a low price.

My MSI is stupid fast and that's got 16GB ram and also its a MSI so all the other stuff that a gaming laptop has and hadit off a mate but was a £1300 laptop but wasted on me being just web and YouTube stuff,never had a Acer but was thinking of ordering one online.

54 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

Whats this processor like as i have always had intel as the other one is the i7 8th Gen.

Also sold out at 2 of the shops i have tried to me of the one i put on here as just rang them.

Tbh AMD processors are better than Intel. I did computing and IT at college and when we were doing builds we always used AMD processors. 
The one I linked to actually has a better processor than my gaming laptop with a Ryzen 7 (mine is a Ryzen 5).

However, looking at the specs of both laptops, the one you linked to has 5 USB ports including 1x USB C. 

29 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

Tbh AMD processors are better than Intel. I did computing and IT at college and when we were doing builds we always used AMD processors. 
The one I linked to actually has a better processor than my gaming laptop with a Ryzen 7 (mine is a Ryzen 5).

However, looking at the specs of both laptops, the one you linked to has 5 USB ports including 1x USB C. 

Yes mate i did see that on the u.s.b ports also the bsttery life (2 cell vs 4 cell) upto 4.5 and upto 7 hours and also the intel has the faster Wifi 2+2 AC Dual Band and the AMD is 1+1.

I should say the amount of u.s.b's is not a big thing for me or the usb c its the battery life as my MSI is bad so wanted better.

ok for the ones who know...MSI is intel r i7 6700HQ with 16gb ram

The i7 above on my link is there going to be a vast amount of change off my MSI being a few years old apart from the ram (4gb and 16gb) which i don't push it just browsing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club