Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picked up new Fiesta today

ElliotReid

5 hours ago, LondonFiesta said:

I don’t have a plastic tube anywhere. Didn’t even think about running out of petrol and not being able to refuel with a Jerry can...

Should be with your spare wheel / repair kit

On 6/29/2019 at 10:17 PM, Tiexen said:

I think " The Ford Easy Fuel system adds extra layers of security behind the external fuel filler opening," means after the fuel filler opening lower down the pipe.

Oh right, so it's saying that something happens within the the nozzle or 'pipe' that's related to the central locking ?

On 6/29/2019 at 2:21 PM, Tiexen said:

which is additionally secured as part of the vehicle's central locking system

I'm easily confused so I may have got this wrong.

Should be with your spare wheel / repair kit

I don’t have a pipe for this...mine is a 7.5

I noticed when I filled up yesterday that there’s a little sticker with instructions on how to fill up on the cap plus it was quite mechanical (if that makes sense) putting the nozzle in. That’s why I posted here.

I see how the safety features work after the start of the pipe but would still prefer a petrol cap and locking flap.

Will have to get in the case for a bit of pipe [emoji849]

Need to check that - lock the car then see if the nozzle flap opens

I have a mk7.5 I think the easy fuel security is simply a case, as mentioneed above, of preventing a random hose/pipe from opening an internal flap. At least on the mk7.5 there is no security feature which locks the internal flap when the car is locked (I lock my car to fill up, although I've never deadlocked it and tried).

4 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Need to check that - lock the car then see if the nozzle flap opens

Nope, no locking flap on the MK8. It's permanently unlocked and openable.

6 hours ago, LondonFiesta said:

I noticed when I filled up yesterday that there’s a little sticker with instructions on how to fill up on the cap plus it was quite mechanical (if that makes sense) putting the nozzle in. That’s why I posted here.

There's definitely a knack to it.  You have to make sure the pump nozzle neck is resting on the bottom of the filler hole once it's in.  Otherwise you get frequent cut-offs from the pump.

• Like 1

Looks like I have natural Ford Easy Fuel™ abilities. I went straight to the petrol station after picking up the car and filled it up without an issue. Of course there are many many things in life that would be better to be naturally good at but I'll take any win I can.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ElliotReid said:

Looks like I have natural Ford Easy Fuel™ abilities. 

It's all down to the wrist action!😀

4 hours ago, ElliotReid said:

Looks like I have natural Ford Easy Fuel™ abilities. I went straight to the petrol station after picking up the car and filled it up without an issue. Of course there are many many things in life that would be better to be naturally good at but I'll take any win I can.

Mad skills indeed 😎

Found one for my car for £2.99 on eBay. Looks more like something you use in a hospital bed [emoji15]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

EasyFuel is very sensitive to the pump used as well.  If you use a different station you might get the frequent cut offs despite holding the nozzle at the correct angle.  I found the local Sainsburys a pain for this, but had no problem at my regular BP! 

• Thanks 1

So a week in and so far so good. The car is nice to drive and I’m glad I got it. Saying that nothing is perfect. 

The biggest gripe for me, and this really is me looking for things to whinge about, is the electric windows buttons. I’m sorry, but forward for down and back for up is the opposite to my MK6.5, also it’s counterintuitive, and I still get it wrong most times 😀

The air con doesn’t seem to get as cold as my previous Fiesta, cold enough but not as cold. 

I am still in the process of finding the perfect foot/accelerator position but I’ll get there. 

Micro 2 fuses. I bought a dash cam and hardwire kit along with a micro 2 fuse tap. I got the tap from amazon but when I went to install it the other day I found the tap had a smaller bullet connector to the Nextbase hardwire kit. Fortunately Nextbase sent me a fuse tap and I’ll install it all on Sunday as it’s too damn bright and hot on my drive atm. 

The sat nav has been problem free so far, I’ve used it to and from work, though I do know the way, and I went to Milton Keynes Odeon today to see the new Spider-Man film and had no issues. One thing I do find annoying though is the sat nav voice only speaks over the other sound source and not mute it. Can you set it to do that or is it just sat nav over radio etc.

Anyway despite the things listed above the car is great and long may it stay that way. 

• Like 1

Glad you like it and everything seems OK. 

I've not found a away to do what you're asking with the voice.  Even with other nav programs via Android Auto the volume is a law unto itself.  I turn the prompt volume down, next time it talks it's back up lol. 

I found the same issue with the dashcam hardwire kit as well.  Halfords had one so I was able to have it fitted by a m8 that day day. Placement on the screen was an annoying issue but it is what it is. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club