Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse camera upgrade

Pabz0804

Hi guys and gals im new to this forum so a big hello 🖐

I'm picking up a FOCUS 1.0 ecoboost 125 2013 this weekend and would like to fit a reverse camera and have the picture shown in the centre dash display above the radio unit anyone tackled  this or can point me in the right direction.

I've seen this clip on YouTube (from 1m40sec) and would like the same set up, but I don't know if there is lots a differences in the units.

I've managed to attach a pic of the unit from the car I'll be picking up

Thanx in advance.

20190627_204005.png

Are we talking an aftermarket camera. Or are you wanting the ford one. 

You need to check in the boot on the right hand side behind the liner for the connections. 

91690A84-1449-47E6-8F1E-316D2E3BF2DA.png

I will have to check this out 👍

What system does this car have and would the display be ok to display reversing images?

Only the 4.2 Inch and 5 Inch full color versions of the display MK3 displays are suitible for a rear view camera. The monochrome displays are not suitible for a rear view camera.

Depending on the production date of the car a rear view camera module may also be needed to connect a rear view camera on the Focus MK3.

5 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Only the 4.2 Inch and 5 Inch full color versions of the display MK3 displays are suitible for a rear view camera. The monochrome displays are not suitible for a rear view camera.

Depending on the production date of the car a rear view camera module may also be needed to connect a rear view camera on the Focus MK3.

Thanx JW1982, how easy is it to swap out for the 4.2 inch?

A 4.2 Inch full color display or 5 Inch full color (satnav) display can be installed without any problems as long as the correct version of the display is installed. Apart from the display the surrounding dashboard panel also needs to be replaced because of the different size display.

A 2013 Focus MK3 should be based on the SYNC 1.0 system. This system is fully compatible with the latest generation displays that were installed into the very late Focus MK3 and Fiesta MK 7.5. These displays have a part number that starts with E1BT and do no longer require a rear view camera module. These displays accept the video feed of any aftermarket NTSC rear view camera.

After installing a full color display and a suitible rear view camera the Central Car Configuration needs to be reconfigured using a suitible diagnostic system to change the type of display and activate the rear view camera.

33 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

A 4.2 Inch full color display or 5 Inch full color (satnav) display can be installed without any problems as long as the correct version of the display is installed. Apart from the display the surrounding dashboard panel also needs to be replaced because of the different size display.

A 2013 Focus MK3 should be based on the SYNC 1.0 system. This system is fully compatible with the latest generation displays that were installed into the very late Focus MK3 and Fiesta MK 7.5. These displays have a part number that starts with E1BT and do no longer require a rear view camera module. These displays accept the video feed of any aftermarket NTSC rear view camera.

After installing a full color display and a suitible rear view camera the Central Car Configuration needs to be reconfigured using a suitible diagnostic system to change the type of display and activate the rear view camera.

Thanx for the info JW1982, much appreciated.

I have come across this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-MK7-CD-Radio-Stereo-Unit-E1BT-18C815-HK-With-Control-Panel-Screen/183820079576?hash=item2acc87d1d8:g:YU8AAOSwMiJc5GXq but the display is F1BT,

Would this screen still be ok? also the trim is separate from the radio unit where mine is complete, so i presume i would need to change the unit as well?

3 hours ago, JW1982 said:

I’ve got the plugs in the boot. And the tailgate harness. Cam and module. 

The fakra in my boot goes to beneath the glove box. Then had a link upto the screen. I’ve then got a fakra to rca. That goes into the apim 14/15 but in forscan it keeps saying connection to module lost

and the harness in the boot that connects the camera has different cable colours. Picture with the red. My thinking was it should work. I’ve activated rear cam in focccus and nothing comes up. I think I need to change the module data in forscan. Can’t find any wiring diagrams of the set up my car has. It’s all the sync 2 diagrams that doesn’t show the fakra as that’s now in the grey plug (blue and green) any ideas mate 

A0447B90-0838-4E2F-8B7F-1BDCC7957B0C.jpeg

5180F657-5AD5-494B-9719-B6DD2B65EF09.jpeg

48D64D8F-DEBE-4F55-B71E-3ED35FFED6F0.png

C97B426F-F70C-4BB4-93E6-AAB21553DB8B.jpeg

4EB8AB77-25C7-4304-9860-A781ED50A2FC.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Pabz0804 said:

Do you have the usb slot in the centre console ? If not no it won’t. I have just removed a full Sony 5inch nav system that will suit you. 

29 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

Do you have the usb slot in the centre console ? If not no it won’t. I have just removed a full Sony 5inch nav system that will suit you. 

Hi Tom, yeah centre console has usb and aux

8 minutes ago, Pabz0804 said:

Hi Tom, yeah centre console has usb and aux

Maybe will work then. Your better upgrading to sync 2 if your doing anything 

2 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

Maybe will work then. Your better upgrading to sync 2 if your doing anything 

Hey Tom, I'm basically just after rear camera in the centre display, so just need to know what I need for this

38 minutes ago, Pabz0804 said:

Hey Tom, I'm basically just after rear camera in the centre display, so just need to know what I need for this

Have you got the plugs there and other wires needed. ?

I'm goning to pick up the car tomorrow 😁

So I dont know yet I'll have to have a look.... not sure what I'll be looking for lol

14 hours ago, Pabz0804 said:

I'm goning to pick up the car tomorrow 😁

So I dont know yet I'll have to have a look.... not sure what I'll be looking for lol

Right hand side of the boot. Behind the carpet cover. Be a little flap you can take off. You might see them. If not pull the plastic trim off the boot and pull the side back

B92E4E61-3A04-44D8-8166-8545CB8301FC.png

To connect an aftermarket rear view camera to the SYNC 1.0 based system you do not need any of the original wiring.

I recommend to install a 5-Inch full color (satnav) display with part number F1BT-18B955-DC. This type of display supports any NTSC rear view camera without the need of a rear view camera module. With only a very small modification the surrounding dashboard panel of the 3.5 Inch monochrome display can also be used for the 5 Inch full color display.

The F1BT-18B955-DC display has a Rosenberger/Fakra HSD connector for the rear view camera. To connect an aftermarket rear view camera you need a RCA --> Rosenberger/Fakra HSD adapter cable. The components to build such an adapter cable yourself can be bought from eBay for under €10,-. The F1BT-18B955-DC displays were mainly used on the Fiesta MK7.5. These are however fully compatible with the SYNC 1.0 / SYNC 1.1 based versions of the Focus MK3. A mint condition F1BT-18B955-DC display can usually be found for under €100,-.

6 hours ago, JW1982 said:

To connect an aftermarket rear view camera to the SYNC 1.0 based system you do not need any of the original wiring.

I recommend to install a 5-Inch full color (satnav) display with part number F1BT-18B955-DC. This type of display supports any NTSC rear view camera without the need of a rear view camera module. With only a very small modification the surrounding dashboard panel of the 3.5 Inch monochrome display can also be used for the 5 Inch full color display.

The F1BT-18B955-DC display has a Rosenberger/Fakra HSD connector for the rear view camera. To connect an aftermarket rear view camera you need a RCA --> Rosenberger/Fakra HSD adapter cable. The components to build such an adapter cable yourself can be bought from Ebay for under €10,-. The F1BT-18B955-DC displays were mainly used on the Fiesta MK7.5. These are however fully compatible with the SYNC 1.0 / SYNC 1.1 based versions of the Focus MK3. A mint condition F1BT-18B955-DC display can usually be found for under €100,-.

Thanx for the info JW1982, ideally I would like the 4.2 inch screen as I'm not feeling I would want to modify the dash surround... would this be a straight fit without modification to the dash surround? Also what would I need to make this work and do you know what part numbers I need to look for?

Thanx in advance 👍🏼

If you want to install the 4.2 Inch display you also need to change the surrounding dashboard panel. 

The surrounding dashboard panel of the 3.5 Inch monochrome display does not fit the 4.2 Inch full color display. 

Hay peeps, so I picked up the focus today and I'm impressed, down the M1 through london and not even a hint it's a 1.0 😲

So I've managed to take the boot trim off and attached a photo as Tommo advised

20190702_151500.jpg

2 hours ago, Pabz0804 said:

Hay peeps, so I picked up the focus today and I'm impressed, down the M1 through london and not even a hint it's a 1.0 😲

So I've managed to take the boot trim off and attached a photo as Tommo advised

20190702_151500.jpg

you got right loom for rear sensors and rear camera 😛 I got module for sale.  btw

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mastachaz said:

you got right loom for rear sensors and rear camera 😛 I got module for sale.  btw

Ohhhhh 🤔 lol

I'd be interested in the module, but just trying to figure out all the components I need and what would be easier 4.2" or 5" 

Ideally i want to make it plug and play and activate using elm without making massive modifications if its possible

2 hours ago, Pabz0804 said:

Ohhhhh 🤔 lol

I'd be interested in the module, but just trying to figure out all the components I need and what would be easier 4.2" or 5" 

Ideally i want to make it plug and play and activate using elm without making massive modifications if its possible

both should be ok 🙂 best will be sync 2 or 3 🙂 I will have one unit for sale as well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club