Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse camera upgrade

Pabz0804
聽Share

1 hour ago, mastachaz said:

both should be ok 馃檪 best will be sync 2 or 3 馃檪 I will have one unit for sale as well.

What unit is it, new to these new Mike's

I presume sync 2 3 refers to the software or is it the type of unit?

1 hour ago, Pabz0804 said:

What unit is it, new to these new Mike's

I presume sync 2 3 refers to the software or is it the type of unit?

Sync 2 ans 3 its 8 inch touch screen unit聽

2 hours ago, mastachaz said:

both should be ok 馃檪 best will be sync 2 or 3 馃檪 I will have one unit for sale as well.

So sync 2 3 is software for the 8"

What's the 3.2 4 and 5inc

9 hours ago, Pabz0804 said:

So sync 2 3 is software for the 8"

What's the 3.2 4 and 5inc

no system with 8inch screen 馃槢 do some reasearch on youtube mate.

I'm still confused

Can I just switch my screen to 5 inch and is there a part number for the facia to fit my unit to accommodate the larger screen

As @JW1982 suggests this is the better screen as no need for a module.

If so and as I've got the connections in the boot, for what other hardware will I need for this

Sorry for being a noob 馃槣

its ok 馃檪 swap from 5 to 8 its not that simple post your car details with some photos what you have now.

Im from London as well 馃槢

37 minutes ago, mastachaz said:

its ok 馃檪 swap from 5 to 8 its not that simple post your car details with some photos what you have now.

Im from London as well 馃槢

Thanx dude 馃槑

My unit is this one attached in the photo what other details do you need to steer me in the right direction lol

North south east or west 馃ぃ?

20190627_204005.thumb.png.c5ff346a6e67f6dbd933247b984137e5.png

Also does anyone know the part number for the radio facia (unit above) that will聽accommodate the 5''' screen?

Thanx

If you have 2 orange plugs and a black taped up you can fit front and rear sensors and active park assist. If just one orangeish plug and a black rear only. Very easy to do. Just module and parking sensor looms with brackets and sensors. And full park assist switch to replace in dash.

ive still not managed to get my cam to work little bit more wiring to do.聽

I have the full 5inch nav Sony display for sale and also sync 2 if your interested.聽

1 hour ago, Tommo17 said:

If you have 2 orange plugs and a black taped up you can fit front and rear sensors and active park assist. If just one orangeish plug and a black rear only. Very easy to do. Just module and parking sensor looms with brackets and sensors. And full park assist switch to replace in dash.

ive still not managed to get my cam to work little bit more wiring to do.聽

I have the full 5inch nav Sony display for sale and also sync 2 if your interested.聽

Just looking to get rear view camera set up at the mo.

What are you looking at for the screen? is it a聽F1BT-18B955-DC as JW recommends?

16 minutes ago, Pabz0804 said:

Just looking to get rear view camera set up at the mo.

What are you looking at for the screen? is it a聽F1BT-18B955-DC as JW recommends?

I鈥檓 selling the complete set up. Not just the screen sorry

2FD4A3BA-E28A-431D-A0C7-E83313020674.png

79B1DF5F-619C-4406-951B-89BE1380E6D9.png

57 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

I鈥檓 selling the complete set up. Not just the screen sorry

2FD4A3BA-E28A-431D-A0C7-E83313020674.png

79B1DF5F-619C-4406-951B-89BE1380E6D9.png

Thanx Tom, I'm looking to keep my style of facia as I'm not聽keen on the Sony one, so just need to find the facia that will fit a 5" screen for my radio unit.

35 minutes ago, Pabz0804 said:

Thanx Tom, I'm looking to keep my style of facia as I'm not聽keen on the Sony one, so just need to find the facia that will fit a 5" screen for my radio unit.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F333097684635

If I remember correctly. You won鈥檛 need to change anything with the facia. Remove yours and see what size gap it is.聽

50 minutes ago, Pabz0804 said:

Cheapest one on eBay and will do the nav screen too聽 as you don't really need the ACM

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK3-RADIO-CD-CONTROL-DASH-FASCIA-PANEL-TRIM-AIR-VENTS-2011-2015/173896223128?hash=item287d05c998:g:kaMAAOSwCBZc2AtQ

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Fiesta-MK7-SAT-NAV-Display-Navigation-Screen-F1BT-18B955-DC/113802620531?hash=item1a7f2a2e73:g:GqIAAOSw4vRdGK4G

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Hi Tezza,

These are the exact two items I'm watching on my eBay 馃ぃ

I just wasnt聽sure if it would be ok..

I presume I can sort the rear camera out first with these two then later do the nav?

Do I need any additional cables etc for the camera?

23 minutes ago, Pabz0804 said:

Hi Tezza,

These are the exact two items I'm watching on my ebay 馃ぃ

I just wasnt聽sure if it would be ok..

I presume I can sort the rear camera out first with these two then later do the nav?

Do I need any additional cables etc for the camera?

Your car will have the wiring already in place you just have to find it behind you original screen it will be all covered in black tape and yes sort the nav out later聽聽

20 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Your car will have the wiring already in place you just have to find it behind you original screen it will be all covered in black tape and yes sort the nav out later聽聽

Amazing thanx Tezza 馃榿馃憤馃徎

Is it聽the frakra cable I need to find behind the unit for the screen?

52 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Not exactly true. My car had the wiring in the back but was missing from the front. Easiest way to see is have a look under the glove box for the fakra link to the back of the car.聽

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Pabz0804 said:

Amazing thanx Tezza 馃榿馃憤馃徎

Is it聽the frakra cable I need to find behind the unit for the screen?

Yea or like I鈥檝e said above. You might have the missing link

1 hour ago, Tommo17 said:

Not exactly true. My car had the wiring in the back but was missing from the front. Easiest way to see is have a look under the glove box for the fakra link to the back of the car.聽

Hi Tom, will i have to remove any trim聽or is it normally visible or do ford like a bit of hide and seek

Ill have a snoop tonight

Just now, Pabz0804 said:

Hi Tom, will i have to remove any trim聽or is it normally visible or do ford like a bit of hide and seek

Ill have a snoop tonight

When you look under you will see 2 mins I鈥檒l nip out and take a photo for you聽

3 minutes ago, Pabz0804 said:

Ill have a snoop tonight

Pull the black plugs off them yellow spikes. And pull the piece of carpet out. Your looking for that fakra cable that goes into the white plug next to the grey. People said it would be taped up behind the screen. I was going nuts looking for it. And decided to trace the end from the boot. If you have one plugged in yours will be behind the screen taped up. If not you will need a fakra cable to plug in under glove box and go to your screen聽

E9E5EACF-6147-4A1E-BF33-30041A710617.jpeg

E565E81F-03D9-437A-BC76-C5CB45BAA0B1.jpeg

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

Pull the black plugs off them yellow spikes. And pull the piece of carpet out. Your looking for that fakra cable that goes into the white plug next to the grey. People said it would be taped up behind the screen. I was going nuts looking for it. And decided to trace the end from the boot. If you have one plugged in yours will be behind the screen taped up. If not you will need a fakra cable to plug in under glove box and go to your screen聽

E9E5EACF-6147-4A1E-BF33-30041A710617.jpeg

E565E81F-03D9-437A-BC76-C5CB45BAA0B1.jpeg

Tom, your a legend聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club