Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse camera upgrade

Pabz0804

Hay guys so I've fitted the rear aftermarket camera new screen and facia apart from coding the rear camera do i need to make any changes on focccus for the new screen like option #172 touchscreen? But screen comes on ok ect (yet to test camera)

I've yet to connect the camera as I'm still working out how to get the dam cable to the front, managed to get it into the cabin at the rear where the rubber gaitors are, from tailgate to roof dont know if i need to remove the pillar trims etc.

Thanx

You only need to make 2 changes in the CCC (Central Car Configuration):

Setting #99 Park Assist Camera --> 02 (With Park Assist Camera)
Setting #172 Touchscreen --> 06 (No Touchscreen - Colour TFT, MFD 5)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

You only need to make 2 changes in the CCC (Central Car Configuration):

Setting #99 Park Assist Camera --> 02 (With Park Assist Camera)
Setting #172 Touchscreen --> 06 (No Touchscreen - Colour TFT, MFD 5)

Perfect, thanx JW 👍🏼

Managed to route the cable along the edge of the roof liner down the ns although a lil concerned about the airbags, should it be ok?

Ok @JW1982 everything is connected, and camera codes changed and saved using focccus but when going in reverse nothing comes up 🤔 do I need to do anything else on focccus?

I enabled drive away locking which worked fine.

15637126120588542830436841753210.jpg

15637126373074817389004740122687.jpg

I have seen this this exact problem before.

The CANbus system most likely needs to be in sleep mode first. When the display boots up from sleep mode it adapts to the new (changed) configuration,

Just lock the car for about 1 hour. After being locked for approximately 20 to 30 minutes the CANbus system enters sleep mode. Next unlock the car and try again. Even without a rear view canera connected the display should still switch to the rear vew camera mode and give a black screen.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

I have seen this this exact problem before.

The CANbus system most likely needs to be in sleep mode first. When the display boots up from sleep mode it adapts to the new (changed) configuration,

Just lock the car for about 1 hour. After being locked for approximately 20 to 30 minutes the CANbus system enters sleep mode. Next unlock the car and try again. Even without a rear view canera connected the display should still switch to the rear vew camera mode and give a black screen.

Hay JW, just went out to see if it worked and as you said, worked a treat.

Thank you so much for you help in helping get this sorted 👍 absolute legend

Right now I've upgraded my centre display with reverse camera, I want to also change my instrument display to the larger size and match.

Any ideas on what to look for? I've read from JW1982 that it needs to be from a MK3 and not MK3.5 

So if someone can help with part numbers or what I need to look for or if anyone has one for sale with mileage below 49k or knows where one is

All help is most appreciated 

I have read this and any other post I can find and I am still having problems

I have installed the camera onto the plug in the boot (2016 Titanium estate Diesel, Sync 2) but I am getting nothing on the screen at all. I have enabled 99 and 172/6 via Elm327

When I put it into reverse all I get is the normal park assist icon with the sensors all the way around the car, the screen doesn't go blank or blue. 

I did read somewhere. I think it was on here, that you have to delete the park assist and then enable the camera and then re-enable the park assist but I cant now find that post.

Any ideas

Thanks

On 7/25/2019 at 12:24 PM, Keeffie said:

I have read this and any other post I can find and I am still having problems

I have installed the camera onto the plug in the boot (2016 Titanium estate Diesel, Sync 2) but I am getting nothing on the screen at all. I have enabled 99 and 172/6 via Elm327

When I put it into reverse all I get is the normal park assist icon with the sensors all the way around the car, the screen doesn't go blank or blue. 

I did read somewhere. I think it was on here, that you have to delete the park assist and then enable the camera and then re-enable the park assist but I cant now find that post.

Any ideas

Thanks

Is it factory camera or aftermarket?

As JW mentioned it turned out easier for me to route the aftermarket camera wire to the front display linked by a fakra hsd to av adapter, and not use the factory fakra connections in the boot, because the connector at the passenger footwell end is non hsd fakra and my display only takes hsd type.

Picture from Tommo 👍

@ JW as he was a massive help in my install, hes a knowledge god :smartass:

20190706_131245.thumb.jpg.0b38fc7875bfe323f607b9b2ba5aff27.jpg

I am using a aftermarket Camera

Like JW states it should go black even without a camera fitted so I believe I have a problem with the programing rather than the camera

Mine is a MK 3.5 / sync 2, so not sure if what you stated about the wire is valid on my car ?

Thanks

SYNC 2 /SYNC 3  is completely different from the Ford MFD system which is discussed in this topic.

On SYNC 2 / SYNC 3 the rear view camera also needs to be activated inside the APIM (SYNC) module by changing the AS-BUILT data.

Anyone know which nav SD card I should be looking for my new set up, aftermarket gps aerial ordered from eBay as advised by JW on a different thread.

20190809_075207.jpg

Screenshot_20190809-075228_eBay.jpg

The Ford MFD satnav system uses a SD-card with a version number that starts with a V

V1 = 2011
V2 = 2012
V3 = 2013
V4 = 2014 (replaced after a short period by V4.1 because of some issues).
V5 = 2015
V6 = 2016
V7 = 2017
V8 = 2018
V9 = 2019

The exact same SD-cards are also available from tomtom or Bosch/Blaupunkt. These cards have a different label that contains the text "MFD" and the Year of the card.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi mates,

I've got an issue on my Focus mk3 from 2014.I've made little upgrades... My car was factory fitted with the 5" nav screen (MFD), and i've just bought and install the sony fascia.

I also tested a 2020 sd card for the nav

I went here and saw that it is possible to install a rear camera, so i've bought the aftermarket camera and the RCA/fakra adaptor.

I've just activated the "parking camera" using foCCCus... But.. When i switch the radio screen on, this one switches of after 2 minutes.... A friend told me "maybe it's to hot", so it's by security....

Do you think the "camera activation" could cause this issue ? Or.. The Sony fascia ? Or the 2020 sd card for the nav ?

I've just "re installed" the xml of my car via foCCCus, to see what it will do, if the issue remains.... I don't really know what to do to sort this ***** issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greg, from France.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club