Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 St 320mm Disc & Pads

mastachaz
聽Share

Hi guys

Looking for some help

I want upgrade to 320mm disc but I need to buy some disc and pads , to be honest I have no idea wich brand will be best.

Dont want spend fortune 馃檪

If anyone can help me it will be lovely.

Well theres the saying you get what you pay for. The brand that will be the best will also be the brand that's the most expensive...

Pagid/Mintex (i believe they both make the exact same stuff) are a good mid range brand. Pagid is available at EuroCarParts for convenience.

Other than that I'd be looking at EBC.

• Thanks 1

If you're going to bigger discs you will also need bigger caliper carriers, otherwise your calipers won't fit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wilto said:

If you're going to bigger discs you will also need bigger caliper carriers, otherwise your calipers won't fit.

Thanks but i know 馃槈 i got them ready聽

Mintex or Brembo or ford brand guys will.be better ? I mean all.pad dust聽

I recommend Brembo discs combined with ATE ceramic or Textar Epad ceramic brake pads. Great braking performance and almost no brake dust at all.聽

Did you buy a set of Original ST brake calipers and brackets? The exact same calipers and brackets were also used on the Kuga 4x4. Used Kuga 4x4 calipers and brackets are usually less rare and considerably cheaper than used Focus MK3 ST calipers and brackets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JW1982 said:

I recommend Brembo discs combined with ATE ceramic or Textar Epad ceramic brake pads. Great braking performance and almost no brake dust at all.聽

Did you buy a set of Original ST brake calipers and brackets? The exact same calipers and brackets were also used on the Kuga 4x4. Used Kuga 4x4 calipers and brackets are usually less rare and considerably cheaper than used Focus MK3 ST calipers and brackets.

I got calipers off st 65 plate with 8k ,聽

Could you link.me that pads ?.I will take Brembo off eurocarparts聽

anyone using genuine ford disc ?聽 instead of Brembo

Ford offers 2 different types of brake discs:

FoMoCo brake discs which are produced by ATE (A brand of Continental). These are the ones that are factory fitted.
Motorcraft brake discs which can be produced by different manufacturers (usually Bosch). These are a cheaper alternative to the FoMoCo parts.

FoMoCo brake discs are good quality. However these are a lot more expensive than the (identical) aftermarket ATE brake discs. Motorcraft brake discs are known to be less quality. Combined with the Motorcraft brake pads these usually cause excessive sqealing and the discs wear out pretty quick.聽

44 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Ford offers 2 different types of brake discs:

FoMoCo brake discs which are produced by ATE (A brand of Continental). These are the ones that are factory fitted.
Motorcraft brake discs which can be produced by different manufacturers (usually Bosch). These are a cheaper alternative to the FoMoCo parts.

FoMoCo brake discs are good quality. However these are a lot more expensive than the (identical) aftermarket ATE brake discs. Motorcraft brake discs are known to be less quality. Combined with the Motorcraft brake pads these usually cause excessive sqealing and the discs wear out pretty quick.聽

thanks

125delivered聽 for disc and pads - Brembo - i dont know model number etc , its resonable price ? i fount this on eurocarparts

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club