Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 1.6 zetec s anti roll bar D bush replacement

wild_one

How? or how have you done this job. Access is limited and the mounting bolts on my car must have been tightened with an 'gun'. I invested in a thin flex head ratchet spanner but there is no way it will apply sufficient torque to break the bolts free. I have watched a few vids on youtube, but they are obviously doing the job with the car on a lift and not under a jack in the front garden!

It’s a good idea to have as much clearance as possible, a good fitting socket and a long lever helps.I don’t think those flexI spanner’s are long enough for tight bolts lying on your stomach or back.Also you could use some penetrating oil and leave overnight 👍

and how strong is the ratchet mechanism. eg. sometimes I whack a ring spanner with a hammer but I wouldn't do that with a ratchet spanner. I would only use the ratchet spanner once the initial extreme tightness has been overcome

• 3 weeks later...

So, if anyone is thinking of attempting this job. The front clamp bolt is visible and reasonably accessible. The rear bolt I found to be easier by coming at it from behind the subframe under the car, rather than working in the wheelarch. A flexi head ratchet makes the job a little easier and the passenger side has brake pipes coming down from the ABS pump to limit access. BUT, the issue is that the clamps are obviously 'gunned' on at the factory (mine were obviously originals) before the complete subframe is put in the car. Which makes them TIGHT. Regardless of penetrating oil, they were a fight for every turn. I have seen some threads on other forums describing how the front bolt can be undone and then the 'clamp' is levered up to reveal the bush. But these fiesta's have the D bush mounted on a metal plate which both clamp bolts pass through, so that method is a non runner. Definitely worth doing, along with the drop links (which appeared all good when checked on the car, but when removed were obviously shot to pieces).

Just got to replace the front discs now, which I noticed had quite a lip and were a bit 'scummy' looking.:rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club