Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St line x "tuned" exhaust

Guy Heaton

This might seem a daft question but I'm guessing my MK4 stline X exhaust is meant to sound a bit growly and it's not got a hold in it or something?

They all sound like that partly because of its 3 cylinder engine

I dunno, the missus has a 1.0 3cyl but no boom.  I reckon it's to make it sound faster than it is 

12 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

I dunno, the missus has a 1.0 3cyl but no boom.  I reckon it's to make it sound faster than it is 

It's because yours has maximised air flow and a turbo it will sound boomy.

14 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Put it into Sport mode and it will feel more responsive and quicker. Tightens up steering feel, more responsive throttle, turns off auto stop/start. 

Oh I have aye, and it does make a difference but why it doesn't have the same 200bhp as the fiesta at is beyond me.  It wouldn't have threatened st sales, that's got 280.

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

Oh I have aye, and it does make a difference but why it doesn't have the same 200bhp as the fiesta at is beyond me.  It wouldn't have threatened st sales, that's got 280.

Should have got the 1.5 EcoBoost. Same engine as fiesta ST and 180 bhp. Will think abiht this next year.

I did!  1.5 182, but the same 1.5 gets 200bhp in the Fiesta st

9 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I did!  1.5 182, but the same 1.5 gets 200bhp in the Fiesta st

Sorry i thought that you had the 1.0 as you were comparing yours to your missus 1.0 lol.

Im sure there will be maps to bring the 180 up to 200+ available in  time.

The 1.5 also comes in 150bhp in the nornal ST Line and other focus models. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

why it doesn't have the same 200bhp as the fiesta at is beyond me. 

Yes, you could see some logic with the Mk 3 when the 1.6 in the Focus Zetec S produced the same 180ps as the 1.6 Fiesta ST. A lot of other manufacturers "warm" medium hatches eg Kia Ceed GT) are now around the 200ps mark. They're probably saving it for the next facelift/upgrade, at higher cost no doubt!😀 

As others have said, most turbo triples I have tried have a bit of a growl to them - my 1.0 sounds quite "rorty" when I put my foot down now it has done a few thousand miles. But yes, my Mrs has a non turbo triple in her SEAT Mii and that doesn't sound very exciting!

• Haha 1

Yes the missus has a 1.0 3cyl ecoboost fiesta with a nice little growl to the engine.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club