Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Cable From Engine Bay

LeeZetecS

Does anyone know of a way of getting an 8gauge cable (about the thickness of your little finger tip) through from the Engine bay to the inside of the car?

I think the wiring from the engine bay comes in just above and behind the glove box but i dont really want to be pulling the dash out.. It's still to new for all that.

Does anyone know of a way of getting an 8gauge cable (about the thickness of your little finger tip) through from the Engine bay to the inside of the car?

I think the wiring from the engine bay comes in just above and behind the glove box but i dont really want to be pulling the dash out.. It's still to new for all that.

Hey,

I have managed to get a 4 gauge cable from the engine bay to the boot, there's a big grommet behind the glove box, i just took the grommet out and pushed the cable through the hole and put the grommet back, there's a slight gap there but nothing much. will post pics up when i get time.

hope this has helped you :)

p.s. you don't have to take the dash out to achieve this, just need to take the glove box out

Edited by r3ign

Oh ok thats a relif! Few pictures would be alot of help definately.

I plan on doing the upgrade on Saturday, I'l take photo's for every step and i'l put together a guide.

Taking the headunit out is something I'm Dreading.. but i'l take my time.

Oh ok thats a relif! Few pictures would be alot of help definately.

I plan on doing the upgrade on Saturday, I'l take photo's for every step and i'l put together a guide.

Taking the headunit out is something I'm Dreading.. but i'l take my time.

yeah i will see if i have time tomorrow to put something together,

and yeah once you have taken the top of the had unit out its all down hill from there :)

the car even has room for the 4 gauge wire to go all the way to the boot, I was impressed :D

Glad to hear it. Roll on the weekend!

why are you taking the head unit out ?

when i fitted my sub and amped 6x9's i didnt even touch the head unit.

why are you taking the head unit out ?

when i fitted my sub and amped 6x9's i didnt even touch the head unit.

I think because the only way you can install a in line level converter without cutting cables. thats what i did,

i've taken pics just waiting for photobucket to finish with the uploading process :/

Hope the images are clear enough for you

here's the grommet from the engine side its all the way up the right hand corner:

4425459530_bdf344a402.jpg

here's the view behind the glove box, (this is quite tricky to locate as its almost directly behind the fuse box)

4425460144_19471eff8c.jpg

and this is how much room i have in the boot after i install the sub (Vibe slick)

4425461032_3aeca0df28.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club