Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Diesel Engine Review

Barky

Hi

Has anyone heard or read any reviews or comments about the new re-tuned 1.6 diesel engine that is due out next month?

Is it worth waiting for it?

Hopefully it will be more powerful then the one i have in my mk7. And hopefully its just a different map so i can have it slapped on mine.

Hopefully it will be more powerful then the one i have in my mk7. And hopefully its just a different map so i can have it slapped on mine.

Is your diesel not very powerfull then S666LER?

The new one is 96PS (rather than the older 90PS) if that will make much of a difference..

Miss petrol too much plus have dropped down from 190 in my last car. its not terrible just want a bit more.

Our 1.6TDCi Titanium is being built on the 26th of March - does anyone know, will it be 90PS or 96PS? I can't find any info anywhere about the new engine?

Hi

Has anyone heard or read any reviews or comments about the new re-tuned 1.6 diesel engine that is due out next month?

Is it worth waiting for it?

Its not going in the Fiesta,at least in the short term.

Dave

Duratorq TDCi Diesels - Completely Updated

The acclaimed Ford Duratorq TDCi diesel engines have also been completely updated for 2010 to deliver even higher efficiency, with improved performance, fuel economy and refinement.

The latest 1.6- and 2.0-litre TDCi diesels benefit from a comprehensive range of engineering changes including:

•Next-generation combustion system design with a lower compression ratio, increased combustion chamber diameter and reduced swirl

•New higher-pressure common-rail fuel injection systems with advanced multi-hole injectors

•Smaller, low-inertia variable-geometry turbochargers

The more efficient combustion system enables these engines to meet stringent new Stage V emissions standards, while at the same time delivering reduced fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. In addition to greater peak power, the engines benefit from significantly improved driveability, with increased responsiveness and more pulling power at low engine speeds.

The new 1.6-litre TDCi engine will be fitted to the all-new C-MAX and Grand C-MAX, and the next-generation Focus, with 95 PS and 115 PS power ratings. It is also available in the 2010 Mondeo. Depending on application, CO2 emissions are reduced by up to 6 per cent compared to the previous 1.6-litre TDCi.

The new 2.0-litre TDCi engine is available in 115 PS, 140 PS and new 163 PS displacements, and will be featured in the all-new C-MAX and Grand C-MAX, and the next-generation Focus. The engine is also fitted to the 2010 Kuga, Mondeo, S-MAX and Galaxy models. Depending on application, CO2 emissions are reduced by up to 7 per cent compared to the previous 2.0-litre TDCi.

Its not going in the Fiesta,at least in the short term.

Dave

Duratorq TDCi Diesels - Completely Updated

The acclaimed Ford Duratorq TDCi diesel engines have also been completely updated for 2010 to deliver even higher efficiency, with improved performance, fuel economy and refinement.

The latest 1.6- and 2.0-litre TDCi diesels benefit from a comprehensive range of engineering changes including:

•Next-generation combustion system design with a lower compression ratio, increased combustion chamber diameter and reduced swirl

•New higher-pressure common-rail fuel injection systems with advanced multi-hole injectors

•Smaller, low-inertia variable-geometry turbochargers

The more efficient combustion system enables these engines to meet stringent new Stage V emissions standards, while at the same time delivering reduced fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. In addition to greater peak power, the engines benefit from significantly improved driveability, with increased responsiveness and more pulling power at low engine speeds.

The new 1.6-litre TDCi engine will be fitted to the all-new C-MAX and Grand C-MAX, and the next-generation Focus, with 95 PS and 115 PS power ratings. It is also available in the 2010 Mondeo. Depending on application, CO2 emissions are reduced by up to 6 per cent compared to the previous 1.6-litre TDCi.

The new 2.0-litre TDCi engine is available in 115 PS, 140 PS and new 163 PS displacements, and will be featured in the all-new C-MAX and Grand C-MAX, and the next-generation Focus. The engine is also fitted to the 2010 Kuga, Mondeo, S-MAX and Galaxy models. Depending on application, CO2 emissions are reduced by up to 7 per cent compared to the previous 2.0-litre TDCi.

Thanks for that Dave

Though my dealer offered me a new fiesta Titanium (yet to be built) with the newer 96PS diesel engine, is he mistaken or just telling porkies, if so how could i tell if i ordered it and it arrived?

Thanks for that Dave

Though my dealer offered me a new fiesta Titanium (yet to be built) with the newer 96PS diesel engine, is he mistaken or just telling porkies, if so how could i tell if i ordered it and it arrived?

The details I posted earlier now seem to be out of date,

All 1.6tdci cars built from march 21st will have the new 96ps engine

You will be able to tell as the V5 will show the new lower co2 figure.

Dave

The details I posted earlier now seem to be out of date,

All 1.6tdci cars built from march 21st will have the new 96ps engine

You will be able to tell as the V5 will show the new lower co2 figure.

Dave

My car was ordered at the end of Feb and is being built on the 26th March or there abouts. I took advantage of the 'deals' for cars ordered by March 31st (4.9APR and deposit allowance etc). I wonder, given that the dealer is telling me the build is 26th whether it will be the new spec? Will Ford carry on buiding the earlier model to fulfill current offers etc? Would be a result to get the new spec - don't usually have that kind of luck. I'll ask the dealer when I get the chance - I guess if he looks on the system (Vista?) he'll be able to tell?

Will Ford carry on buiding the earlier model to fulfill current offers etc? Would be a result to get the new spec - don't usually have that kind of luck. I'll ask the dealer when I get the chance - I guess if he looks on the system (Vista?) he'll be able to tell?

The date of order is almost irrelevant to what spec is actually built - Once they've changed over to newer parts, generally its cheaper to build the newer spec for all cars than it is to build a handfull of the older spec.

As the car that the customer recieves is generally better than what they ordered, its unlikely to cause any problems....but I'm sure there are exceptions.

When the changes were made to the Zetec S spec (adding quickclear screen, sideskirts and alloy pedals as standard) at the end of last year, everyone got the extra bits, regardless of if they ordered (or paid) for them) which is good if your lucky enough to order your car at the right time.

So if the change date is definately the 21st March and your car is definately built on the 26th, I would say you will get the newer spec engine.

As Coy says above you will get the latest build.

If you read the contract with the dealer there will be a clause that says something to the efect of "regardless of what the brochure/order says we can add /remove advertised extras and alter the spec if we want to"

"If we do you have the right to cancel the order"

Dave

As Coy says above you will get the latest build.

If you read the contract with the dealer there will be a clause that says something to the efect of "regardless of what the brochure/order says we can add /remove advertised extras and alter the spec if we want to"

"If we do you have the right to cancel the order"

Dave

Spoke to the dealer today, looks as though it is now being built on the 18th! Not the end of the world, but would have been the icing on the cake!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club