Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 ecoboost regular unleaded or premium brands?

Mcn1997

I've recently bought a 16 plate ford fiesta 1.0 ecoboost zetec.

I'm not sure whether to use regular asda 'premium unleaded' or opt for a premium brand petrol.

Please help advise.

Kind regards

Not being mean but premium fuel in a 1.0 is not going to make a great deal of difference.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Premium doesn't give much increase in power unless you have a few hundred horses but I stick a tank in every now and then as supposedly it has better cleaning additives.

• Like 1

Chuck anything in , made no difference to a remapped 1.0 ecoboost . When I mean anything, I do mean unleaded and NOT diesel, paraffin, aviation fuel ,water, beer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I tried experimenting with the 97/98/99 octane over a few thousand miles when fuel prices were lower a while back. As with all the other cars (with a recommended fuel of 95) I've tried it on over the years, it made no difference.

So people will say there is not difference for the car between premium unleaded and unleaded unless your car is tuned to use the premium. But I stay away from Asda fuel, every car I have had it in runs like a sack of spanners on it. I stick to Tesco usually, I put the momentum 99 in. I feel it runs better on it and I get more miles out of it compared to normal. It probably doesn’t and it is all psychological but I know for sure that it runs like crap in Asda fuel. The whole engine sound is different. 

Premium for me, at the end of the day petrol is petrol assuming like for like but premium is more refined /filtered so it keeps the system cleaner.

It probably doesn't matter which you chose for a 1.0, although I'd keep clear of ASDA personally.  Their fuel isn't actually any worse than other supermarkets when it arrives in the tankers, but the issue is about keeping the storage tanks clean and free from water and contaminants which ASDA in particular seem to be pretty poor at!

Premium fuel also has more/better additives which should help engine longevity and even give you 1 or 2mpg extra if you do long distances, it's unlikely to be noticeable around town.  But having said that, the extra cost of the fuel outweighs those benefits for most people.  I must admit though, when I have had 'sporty' petrols, I tend to stick with Tesco Momentum99...for a 1.0EB I wouldn't bother with anything other than regular unless it's a 140...

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

the issue is about keeping the storage tanks clean and free from water and contaminants which ASDA in particular seem to be pretty poor at!

Yes, it's a bit like real ale, it needs to be kept well!😀

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, it's a bit like real ale, it needs to be kept well!😀

Or drunk.( The ale, not fuel) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Or drunk.( The ale, not fuel) 

From your current photo it looks like you have!😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club