Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka Mk2 Ipod Connectivity

ZStuart

My girlfriend has just got a 59 reg KA, it has BT/USB/VC, so how come i can't get an ipod to play through the stereo. The ipod doesn't even display the ford audio logo when connected. ive tried the standard ipod cable and the ford cable that i use with my 59 fiesta (the one with the usb and aux in one cable). i also have to say that her ka doesn't have a 3.5 aux input next to the usb port. Please help its very annoying

Kind regards

ZStuart

Just use the usb lead that you connect the ipod to the pc with, and then press cd until the music starts playing. the track names will come up on the trip computer screen if its a Zetec I think. Not had many in work as BT & usb became constrained for ages... Not anywhere near as good as the rest of the Ford usb systems... that's what we get for getting into bed with bloomin Fiat!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have discovered the same problem with my KA. The system is only compatible with iPod shuffle, nano and classic. It is not compatible with the iPod Touch or iPhone and it states this in the manual.

The reason for this is that the KA stereo doesn't have "true" iPod support like the Fiestas do. It can only play tracks from standard USB storage devices. iPods can be made to behave like an ordinary storage drive by setting "enable disk use" in iTunes, and the manual describes this process. For iPod Touches and iPhones, there is no "enable disk use" option and therefore the stereo will not read the device. In addition because the device does not recognise it is connected to anything that can use it it wont charge either!

After some discussion with my dealer we came to the conclusion that there is -no- way to directly connect my iPhone to the KA to play music from it, especially as there is no aux connector. I am puzzled why the aux connector is missing as its stated in the specifications/brochure that it should be there but like you have discovered it isn't!! bluetooth voice control does work fine to make/receive calls however.

If you have a jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch then you can obtain an app called "USB Drive". This will allow you to make a partition on the device that pretends to be a standard USB storage drive. The downside to this is apart from needing to get your device jailbroken you have to store 2 copies of your music on it!

If anyone has any more information about the stereo that could help me I would be very grateful. In particular I am interested in knowing where is the aux-in socket / why is it missing / can i fit one? I am ordering some head unit removal pins to take a look at whats at the back since my dealer doesn't sound like they know enough or seem bothered to investigate for me - instead fobbing me off with things i've tried and/or know wont work!

Ash

R u sure there is no aux socket? I have the zetec and am sure it came as standard with or without the usb added extra. I didn't get the usb tho so perhaps I'm wrong. The aux on mine is down by the cig lighter. Actually is a pain cos its always getting wrapped round handbreak!

R u sure there is no aux socket? I have the zetec and am sure it came as standard with or without the usb added extra. I didn't get the usb tho so perhaps I'm wrong. The aux on mine is down by the cig lighter. Actually is a pain cos its always getting wrapped round handbreak!

Actually thinking about it more it probably was an either/or option. Seems a bit crappy in my opinion especially since it seems like usb don't even work! Surely its a trade description thing tho if its not doing job it should?