Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is this?

F0CUE
聽Share

I was searching around regarding the Volvo engine cover cos I'm thinking of getting one and filing down the Volvo logo and maybe painting it to look good. Then I came across a post in here and I'm wondering what is the purpose of the filter in this pic below? I tried searching but nothing 馃お

IMG_20190701_212421.jpg

• Like 1

Crankcase breather afaik, normally the hose runs to the bottom of the air box and ends in a block of sponge material to absorb any oil.

focusEngineBay.thumb.jpg.09112b0415d2b72ef6d2a9c9af44e925.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Micro said:

Crankcase breather afaik, normally the hose runs to the bottom of the air box and ends in a block of sponge material to absorb any oil.

focusEngineBay.thumb.jpg.09112b0415d2b72ef6d2a9c9af44e925.jpg

Ok thanks m8 so the filter he has added helps the breathing then? Just first time I have seen one like that.

IMO seems more like a lazy "tuning" solution.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Freeze said:

IMO seems more like a lazy "tuning" solution.

+1!

Messy if the oil escapes on a hot day.. A friend did it and his fell off during a long run.. nice and lubricated under the bonnet and smelled great after! 馃榿

On another note, what sort of painting are you thinking, @F0CUE

聽was looking at doing something with mine, I just dont know what!

I did the lettering on mine with a Posca pen, but really want to do something a little more...

20190702_144424.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WireyWhenWet said:

+1!

Messy if the oil escapes on a hot day.. A friend did it and his fell off during a long run.. nice and lubricated under the bonnet and smelled great after! 馃榿

On another note, what sort of painting are you thinking, @F0CUE

聽was looking at doing something with mine, I just dont know what!

I did the lettering on mine with a Posca pen, but really want to do something a little more...

20190702_144424.jpg

Lmao a nice mess for him to clean up!

Someone on here done it the same colour as the car with some high temp clear and it looked good but thinking of something more stand out to break up all the black then maybe some Conduit on the pipes.

• Like 1

I've been toying with going a bit on the Mountune kinda side, yellow and black, but not sure how to do it 'nicely' without it being too heavy or too much on the looking a bit of a tit end.. Having a silver brum helps for that, but that Aquarius of yours just goes so well with itself on all the little trim bits etc.

I kinda miss that colour!

PITA for scratches though after a clean.. they'd always just appear from the depths as if by magic!

2 hours ago, WireyWhenWet said:

I've been toying with going a bit on the Mountune kinda side, yellow and black, but not sure how to do it 'nicely' without it being too heavy or too much on the looking a bit of a tit end.. Having a silver brum helps for that, but that Aquarius of yours just goes so well with itself on all the little trim bits etc.

I kinda miss that colour!

PITA for scratches though after a clean.. they'd always just appear from the depths as if by magic!

Sounds good. Mountune usually is mostly black with yellow writing though. I don't have an aqua car mines is silver.

On 7/2/2019 at 11:29 PM, F0CUE said:

Sounds good. Mountune usually is mostly black with yellow writing though. I don't have an aqua car mines is silver.

Oh dear.. I completely didn't even see your pic then....! I must have been on with the other forums and took note of one there- My bad... 馃檮

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WireyWhenWet said:

Oh dear.. I completely didn't even see your pic then....! I must have been on with the other forums and took note of one there- My bad... 馃檮

Lmao easy done I replied to a post from 2 years ago lol

• Haha 1

It's a bad idea tbh, just a temp fix while you get a catch can plumbed in at best.聽 We did it on a mates car when fitting ITBs so had nowhere to plumb the breather.聽 The hot oil fumes come in through the cabin vents and make him feel really ill... 聽

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's a bad idea tbh, just a temp fix while you get a catch can plumbed in at best.聽 We did it on a mates car when fitting ITBs so had nowhere to plumb the breather.聽 The hot oil fumes come in through the cabin vents and make him feel really ill... 聽

Can imagine well at least I won't be doing that.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club