Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 MK4 Galaxy overheating

MonkeyHarris

Hi All

i have a 66 plate 2.0 TDci 180 bhp galaxy and she’s starting to overheat when going up hills, especially on the motorway. I don’t get any messages or warning lights, but the needle goes up and over the red.  When I back off of the throttle the temperature needle almost instantly goes back to 90° 

Any ideas please

many thanks in advance 

• 2 years later...

You're not going to get an answer from Monkey Harris, he last visited this forum 5th July 2019.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:08 AM, JamesFarr said:

Did you figure this out? I have the same issue. New thermostat did not solve it. 
cheers.

Could it be a blockage somewhere in coolant system? 
perhaps at worst, head gasket? 

• 3 weeks later...

Got same problem cant do 15 miles at moment ford ipswich says its a water pump only changed it cam and pulley water 40.000 ago 2018/8 we have tried going down the coolant route no joy so have had to spend another £300 for new kit 

But ford did not tell me why heat on drivers side not passenger side then i lose heat altogether then heat driver side wilst overheating and then it pulls it self back 

We did think that it was a comp fault but ford says no it passed all there test but not ours they are going to love that vid 

If i find a fix will post 

Ps this went wrong the day after service lol

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 7:40 AM, Russats said:

Could it be a blockage somewhere in coolant system? 
perhaps at worst, head gasket? 

Brought a thermal laser gun amazon £16 thats has told us that water is at a minimum neer the thermostat is hot but neer the rad cold and the pipes have little pressure in them 

I do remember some time back on fiesta forum someone had a car overheating and investigation found that the impeller had broken off the water pump shaft, but only identifiable by removing the water pump. It’s not a fault you would expect. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 10:41 PM, isetta said:

I do remember some time back on fiesta forum someone had a car overheating and investigation found that the impeller had broken off the water pump shaft, but only identifiable by removing the water pump. It’s not a fault you would expect. 

Sounds about right as they are plastic. 🙄

What you should do is start the car up and open the rad bottle. Turn on all the heater to hot including the rear blowers and then fill the water up. There probably is a air lock in the system and thats why it the temp goes over half. Try it and let me know

• 3 months later...
On 8/7/2021 at 9:20 AM, Grahamtaxidriver said:

Brought a thermal laser gun amazon £16 thats has told us that water is at a minimum neer the thermostat is hot but neer the rad cold and the pipes have little pressure in them 

Hi Graham, I have a very similar problem and was wondering if you got to the bottom of it? 
I have little heat on drivers side, cold on passenger side and very little pressure in cooling system 

Any advise would be great! 
thanks 

6 hours ago, Antony2112 said:

Hi Graham

He checks in on this forum about every 6 months.

Maybe if you take the time to fill out you member details, name, model, engine, year someone might offer you some help.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club