Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ecoboost degas pipe...

GarethW99

Hi everyone, just asking some advice here based on this article I came across today (https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/miscellaneous/2018-08/urgent-appeal-to-owners-of-ford-10-ecoboost-engines/)

I’m not the most ‘under the bonnet’ savvy person, I have attached a picture of my engine - please could someone take a look to see if the pipe has been modified on my ecoboost engine?

Many thanks in advance

84B61F70-A7BA-46E9-AD96-E6B89E203D7D.png

Looks like it's the correct harder version of the pipe. It's the one that runs into the top half of the bottle/tank at the very top left of the engine bay

cant be sure from pic but looks like you the brittle plastic pipe not the newer rubber hose. The pipe that goes to the top of the coolant reservoir. 

also these engines have the rusty metal coolant pipes on the turbo to worry about also

just noticed my post is the opposite of the other reply at same time. I thought the narrow wall brittle platsic pipe was replaced by the more traditional style of rubber hose, at least I am sure it was on the focus with same engine.   I do not know if fiesta was modified in same way.

Hi everyone

Just seen a ‘whatcar’ article now which I hadn’t read before posting this which stated that the 1.0 Ecoboost re-call with the bad pipe was only for the Ford Focus, and not the Fiesta. 🙂

I'd keep clear of Honest John tbh...lots of questionable 'information' over there!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I'd keep clear of Honest John tbh...lots of questionable 'information' over there!  

Thank you Tom, I was concerned when I read the article, but further research led me to findinf this “https://www.whatcar.com/news/ford-ecoboost-engine-recall-–-what-you-need-to-know/n17972” which stated: “The 1.0-litre engine recall only concerns the Focus.”

:)

5 minutes ago, GarethW99 said:

Thank you Tom, I was concerned when I read the article, but further research led me to findinf this “https://www.whatcar.com/news/ford-ecoboost-engine-recall-–-what-you-need-to-know/n17972” which stated: “The 1.0-litre engine recall only concerns the Focus.”

🙂

That's not completely true either... :laugh:  

The recall did only affect the Focus, but the very early Fiesta's also had a different degas hose issue.  Instead of being full rubber as yours is, it had a metal section which rusted badly and could potentially cause a leak.  Yours is fine though. :smile: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That's not completely true either... :laugh:  

The recall did only affect the Focus, but the very early Fiesta's also had a different degas hose issue.  Instead of being full rubber as yours is, it had a metal section which rusted badly and could potentially cause a leak.  Yours is fine though. :smile: 

Thank you Tom, much appreciated as ever

@TomsFocus I remember we talked about a few other pipes and their potential to rust on the ecoboost engines... I’ve attached an image of the current state of mine.

As you can see mine have a little rust... would be a good idea to use WD40 on these to scrape it off? It doesnt look like any corrosion is there, just some rust on the surface of it

B684A105-50BE-49A0-8D65-D9198FB5C206.jpeg

2 minutes ago, GarethW99 said:

@TomsFocus I remember we talked about a few other pipes and their potential to rust on the ecoboost engines... I’ve attached an image of the current state of mine.

As you can see mine have a little rust... would be a good idea to use WD40 on these to scrape it off? It doesnt look like any corrosion is there, just some rust on the surface of it

B684A105-50BE-49A0-8D65-D9198FB5C206.jpeg

Yeah, that's just a bit of surface rust so far, it would be worth rubbing them down with a bit of sandpaper and then painting them to stop any further rust imo.  You won't need any WD40 though, all that'll do it stop any paint adhering properly. :smile: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, that's just a bit of surface rust so far, it would be worth rubbing them down with a bit of sandpaper and then painting them to stop any further rust imo.  You won't need any WD40 though, all that'll do it stop any paint adhering properly. :smile: 

Thank you, Tom. Will give them a rub with some sandpaper and will let you know how I get on!

@TomsFocus Guessing you mean some anti-rust paint yeah? 🙂

10 minutes ago, GarethW99 said:

@TomsFocus Guessing you mean some anti-rust paint yeah? 🙂

It doesn't need to be anti rust but you can if you want.  Any other metal paint should be fine as well, Hammerite etc.

15 hours ago, GarethW99 said:

There’s a full thread on this that’s worth browsing through 

• 3 years later...
On 7/6/2019 at 3:22 PM, GarethW99 said:

Hi everyone

Just seen a ‘whatcar’ article now which I hadn’t read before posting this which stated that the 1.0 Ecoboost re-call with the bad pipe was only for the Ford Focus, and not the Fiesta. 🙂

Not entirely true!

They May have issued recall on Focus!

But the fiesta has same problem !

same setup and overheats.

The top hose is way to small for the turbo eco boost 2.0 lite

• Sad 1

You do realise that you are responding to a thread that has been dead for over 3 years ? 🤔

2 hours ago, unofix said:

You do realise that you are responding to a thread that has been dead for over 3 years ? 🤔

And the very next post in the same thread says:

On 7/6/2019 at 12:06 PM, TomsFocus said:

That's not completely true either...  

The recall did only affect the Focus, but the very early Fiesta's also had a different degas hose issue.  Instead of being full rubber as yours is, it had a metal section which rusted badly and could potentially cause a leak.  Yours is fine though.  

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hiya all,

I see this has been reopened. for the record, I've had absolutely no issues

many thanks

merry christmas

Gareth

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club