Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga 1.5 EcoBoost

Criot

Hi all

I’m potentially looking at a kuga 1.5 ecoboost second hand around 6 months old. Whats your feedback on these? Looking at either an ST-Line or ST-Line X. What sort of MPG do you get and whats ride quality like on these setups?

thanks

Hi there, so I am getting 37 mpg on average. This is mainly mixed driving and on longer runs it gets better. Not bad for a car of this size and weight. I have the ST Line Edition and had the Eibach springs fitted.  There is a slight difference as it lowers the centre of gravity - which helps reduce any body roll.  Great car although from new the first gear drivability was awful. However this has improved since its now running itself in.  Currently 3400 miles

Evening, Are you looking for a manual or automatic. I ask this as my friend has an automatic titanium 2017 and is currently getting 26.4mpg but car doesn't go very far, in fact it has done just 50 miles in one year. it is on motability and he is thinking of giving it back as he thinks he will not get his licence back so i have done all those miles in the last year.

Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

Recommend the Auto gearbox, silky smooth & quick !

Hi I have a new kuga st line x 2litre -180hp awd and auto
Shorter runs 33 mpg at the moment and 40 mpg on longer runs I don’t think it’s bad for its size

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I have a 1500 auto ecoboost, lovely car BUT, the stop start technology if a bit jerky when you are in it. You stop with your foot on the brake and you sop, the engine cuts out, you lift your foot off the brake and the engine starts, you put your foot on the accelerator and for a second nothing, then it seems to jump into gear which jolts you forward, not hard but it’s uncomfortable and is not right. I’ve paid to have it checked out by the Swindon Ford dealer (Allen Ford). They say it is all ok! I have had to take up an extended warranty just in case it stops or gets worse, there is an electric pump in the so called unserviceable gearbox which is supposed to keep the pressure in it when stopped. They also say that is fine. They changed the unserviceable oil in the gearbox and it improved a little but still a little jerky, and sometimes it’s fine, but it’s easier to switch it off when in stop start traffic lines. A lovely car other than that. Has anyone else had this problem???