Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2013 mass airflow problems

Deejay01

Hi, I'm new on here, think I've just managed to figure it out, apart from how to search for a topic. 

I've got a focus 2013 ecotech, which I having a lot of problems with. Expensive ones at that too.. 

In the last year I've had to replace alternator, batter, gearbox, clutch, dual mass flywheel and the last week, egr valve. 

Also  having mass airflow issues, which have been giving all sorts of problems itself, mainly, the clogging up of the dpf due to the car not going into regen mode. 

Anyway, I've replaced the mafs and I'm still getting same readings, checked for leaks, can't find any.. 

Has anyone else had same issues or could give me more info on this problem would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards Darren 

wow a lot of probs Darren,, iam having probs with my dpf at the min clogged dpf but cant sort that until I fix a boost pipe as it leaking

Last hope, did you get any p0102 codes with a blocked dpf

5 hours ago, lasthope said:

wow a lot of probs Darren,, iam having probs with my dpf at the min clogged dpf but cant sort that until I fix a boost pipe as it leaking

My dpf aslo keeps clogging due to the mass sensor, car then goes into limp mode, I usually put some dpf cleaner in half a tank and blast it up the motorway at high revs... Usually helps clear it for a while 

Wow thanks for all the help really appreciate it ... Best get back to looking on Google for some answers. 

Good luck searching Google for EcoTec problems...you'll end up on Vauxhall forums lol.  

Is it the 1.6 or 2.0 TDCi engine?

Why do you think it's the MAF sensor causing your problems? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Good luck searching Google for EcoTec problems...you'll end up on Vauxhall forums lol.  

Is it the 1.6 or 2.0 TDCi engine?

Why do you think it's the MAF sensor causing your problems? 

@TomsFocus You mind your language, using the "V" word round here...tut tut 😁

• Haha 1