Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet LatchWont Open Bonnet 2006-Ford Focus zetec- hatchback- 1600- petrol,-Atomatic

robby12345

Hi, Everyone,

Title= (Bonnet Latch Wont Open Bonnet)  On my 2006-Ford Focus zetec- hatchback- 1600- petrol,-Automatic)

I cant Open my Bonnet,

I have looked at the options to Hopefully Remedy,

1/ = Screw Driver through Grill to put Pressure on The Collet Whilst Turning Key 1st Left Then Right.

''My Question on this Option is How do I Guide Screwdriver through the Grill, whilst   Bonnet Stuck closed''.?

2/= Is it Wise to Snap Grill screws with a Chisel, To Remove Grill, Hence giving easier Access to the Collet..?

3/= Last  Question , Fords Say I have to have a Long Release Latch to Replace this Faulty one    Is this Correct

'''My Questions on this is Does it Matter if the Latch is Long or Short, and what is the  Measurements of the

Long Latch,=                and Short Latch=

So I can Purchase the Correct Latch on line

Thanking You All In Anticipation.

Rob

Hello robby12345

I did mine, the car on the profile. this is how i did it. 

things you will need 1.a very long flat blade screw driver.

2. a lighter or some kind of flame 

3. a long pliers

4. 252245489448,that item is from eBay do not buy the genuine ford one.

5. an angle grinder or something you can use to cut the lock cable.

6. a genuine replacement lock

7. torch

lets begin, you will need to jack up the front of the car so you can get under it, remove tray if fitted.  cut the lock cable with the grinder of something similar. then use the pliers to rip out the rest of the lock that is connected the lock housing. it will not be easy , you can also use the screwdriver to do as much damage to the white part of the lock as possible. when everything is out you should see something like the image below. the hole with the + in it.

.Image result for image of the ford focus mk2 bonnet lock 

get the long screw driver use the lighter to heat up the end of it, and get someone to shine the light through the grill while u, insert the screwdriver into the lock where the white + is and turn to the left and then the right.the bonnet will then open.  

You may be able to still use the key part of the lock you cut off, if you can get the pins out. 

I have done this once on my car and once on my friends car. 

Hope this helps mate. all the best

• Like 1