Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 2 update.

Nathan Buffery

Does anyone know how I can get the latest update file for sync 2. I've retrofitted a sync 2 into my 2013 Focus, so if I put my vin into the ford website, it says "your vehicle is not fitted with Sync 2". If I put the vin of a facelift car say on eBay for instance, it says "you are up to date". 

Does the system information page on the sync screen show the current vin or the donor car's vin?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi Clive, it shows my Vin. 

Pity.
I think it may be a bit of trial & error on cribbed vins now.
Shame you didn't have the donor vin.

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Pity.
I think it may be a bit of trial & error on cribbed vins now.
Shame you didn't have the donor vin.

I have found an update on this forum "update sync 2 the easy way". Do you think I should give it a go? I'm not sure where the sync unit picked up my vin anyway. I could ask the eBay seller that sold me the sync unit for the reg of the vehicle it came from. 

The vin would come from other original modules on the car.
Asking for the reg if they know it would be a good first port of call.

So I downloaded and installed the update from the forum and it seems to have gone onto my sync unit ok. I was hoping it would fix my microphone issue (mic not working) but it has not.

On 7/8/2019 at 4:35 PM, Nathan Buffery said:

So I downloaded and installed the update from the forum and it seems to have gone onto my sync unit ok. I was hoping it would fix my microphone issue (mic not working) but it has not.

Still got a couple of bugs mate ? I’ve got sync 3 up and running now. It’s 1000% better than sync 2. And I liked the sync 2 from 1. So if you can get 3. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

Still got a couple of bugs mate ? I’ve got sync 3 up and running now. It’s 1000% better than sync 2. And I liked the sync 2 from 1. So if you can get 3. 

I'm definitely getting there mate. Can't seem to get my Mic working. However, I'm waiting for the sync button for the steering wheel to arrive and I'm hoping it's linked. I can then test the voice commands. I need to get the F8 nav card as well as I'm on F4 at the mo and it's not great. Sync 3 hey? I'll have to save my pennys for that upgrade!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club