Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FOCUS MK2.5 BRAKE BLEED CONNECTOR ON ELECTRICAL DIAGRAM

isetta

In trying to solve a canbus problem on a Focus mk2.5 the wiring diagram that I got on this forum shows the HS canbus is connected to a Brake Bleed Connector which is part of the EJB which I understand is the fuse box under the bonnet. (TDCI-Peter also mentions this in one of his posts)

Can anyone tell me what this Brake Bleed Connector is / does. I have tried googling it. I don't think it is anything to do with my problem but I am intrigued. Although it says it is part of the EJB, it shows connector C556 pins 1/2 on the diagram. 

Towards the end of the wiring diagrams there are loads of diagrams of the various connectors on the car but C556 is not there.

Apart from an explanation, does anyone have any pictures of the engine fuse box dismantled? I assume this item is under the fuses/relays. I just hate not understanding how all of these things work and what they do. 

Image2.thumb.jpg.661758918d892547fe81d21519b38864.jpg

2 hours ago, isetta said:

Can anyone tell me what this Brake Bleed Connector is / does.

If it has a use during the operational life of a car, I think @iantt would know about it.

I rather suspect it may only be used in the factory, to do the brake bleed at a stage when the car build is not quite complete. But that is only a guess. Once the car is fully built and powered up from its battery, systems like IDS or Forscan can perform the brake bleed, including ABS, using the HS-CAN bus via the diagnostic connector.

No idea, but what your saying sounds plausible. 

Screenshot_20190707-200507.png

• Like 1

Thanks for replies. So it sounds like there is nothing there, just some connections and not anything electronic that the HScanbus needs or looks for. I was think thinking that if the HScanbus was rewired bypassing the engine bay fuse box due to possible problems with the big c90 plug in the fusebox there might be a problem as the brake bleed connector is missing, but it sounds like there is nothing electronic there that the HScanbus will miss.   Thanks

Briefly looking at the wiring diagram there, it's just an open canbus connection similar to the diagnostic plug.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club