Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk & Rear Light Help

Ballie_3

Hi guys, I havent been on here for a while so apologies if I have put this topic up and my question has already been answered, I am trying to remove the rear lights on my Mk 7 so that i can de tango the indicators. However i seem to be struggling, i have removed the 3 visible 'screws' or 'bolts' but unless im being really stupid i cant seem to get the light cluster out :( can anyone help please?

Hi guys, I havent been on here for a while so apologies if I have put this topic up and my question has already been answered, I am trying to remove the rear lights on my Mk 7 so that i can de tango the indicators. However i seem to be struggling, i have removed the 3 visible 'screws' or 'bolts' but unless im being really stupid i cant seem to get the light cluster out :( can anyone help please?

There's a wing nut on the inside of the car.Pull the carpeting away from the side wall under the plastic and you will feel where the wing nut is.

There's a wing nut on the inside of the car.Pull the carpeting away from the side wall under the plastic and you will feel where the wing nut is.

Thanks for the reply :) i will go and see what i can do

As Ashman says, once you've removed the x2 torx head screws on the outside, loosen off a bit of the rubber boot seal, loosen off a bit of the carpeting and put your arm through underneath the side of the carpeting and feel back up towards the back of the rear light unit where you'll feel a wingnut. Loose off the wingnut and remove it being VERY careful not to drop it. Now the rear light should pull out and upwards slightly towards you at the rear of the car. There are x2 lugs which should release when you're pulling the unit out, they're located on the back edge of the light unit attaching it to the rear wing area.

Hope this helps you out. :D

Stephen.

As Ashman says, once you've removed the x2 torx head screws on the outside, loosen off a bit of the rubber boot seal, loosen off a bit of the carpeting and put your arm through underneath the side of the carpeting and feel back up towards the back of the rear light unit where you'll feel a wingnut. Loose off the wingnut and remove it being VERY careful not to drop it. Now the rear light should pull out and upwards slightly towards you at the rear of the car. There are x2 lugs which should release when you're pulling the unit out, they're located on the back edge of the light unit attaching it to the rear wing area.

Hope this helps you out. :D

Stephen.

Right, I read what Ashman put and decided to have a go, wasnt as difficult as i first thought, a bit tricky trying to undo the wing nut once i had pulled the carpet away a little, but managed to do it and must say, i am very pleased with how it looks. Does anyone know where i can get the 'silver' bulbs to put in the mirrors? Again maybe im being stupid, but i cant seem to find them, are they just a 501 bulb?

Thanks for your help Ashman and Stephen :)

Does anyone know where i can get the 'silver' bulbs to put in the mirrors? Again maybe im being stupid, but i cant seem to find them, are they just a 501 bulb?

I'm afraid it's one of the things I haven't done yet :rolleyes: I think it's a silver coated 501 bulb you would need, hopefully someone who's already done it could confirm. ;)

Right, I read what Ashman put and decided to have a go, wasnt as difficult as i first thought, a bit tricky trying to undo the wing nut once i had pulled the carpet away a little, but managed to do it and must say, i am very pleased with how it looks. Does anyone know where i can get the 'silver' bulbs to put in the mirrors? Again maybe im being stupid, but i cant seem to find them, are they just a 501 bulb?

Thanks for your help Ashman and Stephen :)

you can get a good set off eBay, they are 501 bulbs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club