Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Zetec S Has Landed!

Jason Tierney

I am 50 yrs old soon and pay more than your £179 for a years fully comp by £30.00 (£199.00 a year fully comp)

Good to be old some times

is Rogue-shadow buying a old mans car? or am I buying a boy racers car?.

Or do we both have good taste?

Im paying 2000 for the year lol thats just one month's premium

BTW its not an old man's car, you just have good taste!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason Tierney

• calmcdermott

• Rogue_Shadow

• Michael P

is Rogue-shadow buying a old mans car? or am I buying a boy racers car?.

Or do we both have good taste?

We both have excellent taste :D

Coming from a S Reg Saxo 1.1 100k+, its covered in scratches and bumps from previous owners. Ohh it also has TWO keys, 1 to start the engine the other for all the locks. No spare keys :lol: Rev counter...ohh no just a analogue clock :huh:

Just took it for its last drive, insurance for it has now ended, got to wait to picking up my MK7 ZS on Saturday B)

I was looking to get the MK6 ZS, but realised if I saved up cut a few things, I could get the newest model.

Im just going to wait, I figure for 4 weeks it will be alot of faffing about,changing it over and then in a months time, proberly changing to another insurer. I get paid on 30th march and am paying for the car then, im skint(shopping and boozing sprees- will end very shortly!) basically until then so even if i did have it now I wouldnt really be able to drive it much.

Good things come to thoese who wait and that.

I start a new job on Monday yipeee, same company i work for now but 37% rise! (honestly- that just shows how BAD the wages are not how good the rise is)

Cal- That is bad. Mine will be 1061 i think, 2 parents are on it also as named, I have a drive and CAT1 alarm but when i put these on teh insurance it goes UP 200(about 100 each) Can you please explain that??

I live not far from the benfield ford my car is sat in ( 1.30min drive away---out of my street, left, 2nd exit on roundabout, "you have arrived") and its the worst area for insurance also.

And its nice to see people appreciate the fact I did save up hard for it. only 1/3 is on ford's excellent finance, only over 24 months to to get rid of it ASAP.

Ive asked the dealer a few times about the alarm but he says he cant find out until its been put in, Im not very happy about that, so im going to keep bugging him until he finds out.

Im just going to wait, I figure for 4 weeks it will be alot of faffing about,changing it over and then in a months time, proberly changing to another insurer. I get paid on 30th march and am paying for the car then, im skint(shopping and boozing sprees- will end very shortly!) basically until then so even if i did have it now I wouldnt really be able to drive it much.

Good things come to thoese who wait and that.

I start a new job on Monday yipeee, same company i work for now but 37% rise! (honestly- that just shows how BAD the wages are not how good the rise is)

Cal- That is bad. Mine will be 1061 i think, 2 parents are on it also as named, I have a drive and CAT1 alarm but when i put these on teh insurance it goes UP 200(about 100 each) Can you please explain that??

I live not far from the benfield ford my car is sat in ( 1.30min drive away---out of my street, left, 2nd exit on roundabout, "you have arrived") and its the worst area for insurance also.

And its nice to see people appreciate the fact I did save up hard for it. only 1/3 is on ford's excellent finance, only over 24 months to to get rid of it ASAP.

Ive asked the dealer a few times about the alarm but he says he cant find out until its been put in, Im not very happy about that, so im going to keep bugging him until he finds out.

In regards to putting your parents on the insurance in some cases it can put the premium up, depends on their driving history, I know when I put my mum on my insurance (no convictions or claims) it added an extra £100...... so its a mystery to me lol. I dont know about why your alarm would have put your premium up as we dont rate on these and we dont rate on if your car is kept on your drive/garage where ever as long as its kept at the home address.

I dont know about your insurance area, i think it is still lower than mine though, I have Holme Wood and Bierley Council estate (sorry if anyone on here who may live there, dont mean to cause offence).

The daft thing is, if I move to Pudsey, my insurance drops my £500!!! another tip for you in most cases, if you put your partner/spouse on your insurance, it decreases the premium, not many people know that!

I think the areas are set into risk codes A-f and then F*

Ls1-12 (I think) is F*... I live in that bracket, not good.

Ive looked @ taking one or both of my 'rents off but it makes it rather expensive.

Been messing with the quotes for my cheapest company (elephant) currently 3 drivers on it- adding a 4th, makes no difference. putting it on a drive at night instead of the street adds about £50 putting it in a garage @ night adds £100.

THe 140bhp montune upgrade(set as a seperate car in the insurance car models) makes my 1000 quote 3077. for 140bph

But adding an engine remap 0-10% = 18bph increase max = 138bph only adds £30 to my quote- MIght have to look into getting a map, but not many people have as they dont wana mess with there warrantys a suppose.

best thing I found is that, the price for me to insuer my zetec s is 1000- if i change it to a 59bph edge- price? stays the same!

Been messing with the quotes for my cheapest company (elephant) currently 3 drivers on it- adding a 4th, makes no difference. putting it on a drive at night instead of the street adds about £50 putting it in a garage @ night adds £100.

THe 140bhp montune upgrade(set as a seperate car in the insurance car models) makes my 1000 quote 3077. for 140bph

But adding an engine remap 0-10% = 18bph increase max = 138bph only adds £30 to my quote- MIght have to look into getting a map, but not many people have as they dont wana mess with there warrantys a suppose.

best thing I found is that, the price for me to insuer my zetec s is 1000- if i change it to a 59bph edge- price? stays the same!

HA, my area works out as a refer, thats how bad it actuiaally is!, our systems at work use groupings 11 - 99, I think we really need to move address!

Just been looking on Fords Etis abotu my car, nothing spectacular but on a few other peoples, as well as my own, it says the engine is 115/120PS 115 and 120 are different, at first I thought it mean 115bhp and 120 PS but I know that the car is 118bhp right?

Full details, for anyone interested, are below.

[spolier]

Primary Features

Build Date: 12.02.2010

Vehicle Line: Fiesta 2008-

Body Style: 3 Door Saloon

Version: Series 32

Engine: 1.6L Duratec-16V Ti-VCT (115/120PS)

Transmission: 5-Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5

Drive: RHD FWD

Axle Ratio: 3.82

Emission: Stage IV Emissions

Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning

Territory: (+)"GB"

Paint: Frozen White

Interior Fabric: Dotts/Max (A-C)

Minor Features

Niehl Plant Built

Security Lock Group XXX(taken out- just in case it makes anything easier for certain scumbags aha)

Marketing Level 1

Kit - Enhanced Tyre Repair SVC

Power Front Windows One Touch Up/Do

With Fixed Rear Side Window

With Light Tint/Dark Tinted Glass

With Heated Windscreen

Rocker Panel Moulding - Body Colour

With Large Single Wing Rear Spoiler

Dual Power Htd Signal Mirrors

With Body Coloured Exterior Mirror

With Driver 4 Way Mnl.Seat Adjuster

With Door Dead Locks

Door Entry R/Cont Unit-2 Flip Keys

V/Intermittent With Anti-Drip Wipe

Plastic Front Bumper -Sport

Rear Bumper - Plastic Sport

Inflatable Knee Bolsters - Driver

With Driver Air Bag

With Passenger Air Bag

Drivers Seat Air Bag - Head/Thorax

Passenger Seat Air Bag Head-Thorax

17" X 7 Alloy Wheel - Silver

205/40 R17 84W Tyre

With Standard Tyre Tread - Front

With Standard Tyre Tread - Rear

Locking Wheel Nuts

Components Unique For Alloy Wheels

With IVD/Traction Control/ABS

3.583/2.038/1.414/1.108/0.876

With Recirculating Heater

Unique Met Finish Foot Pedals Pads

Leather Steering Wheel

With Trip Computer

Outside Temp Thermometer

Matrix Multi Function Display

With Perimeter Anti-Theft

Standard Duty battery

With A/V Jack And USB

BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

ICE-Mid Level CD+AM/FM Radio

Ice Feature Pack 4

4 Speakers Front / 2 Speakers Rear

Voice Activated Module - British

With Steering Wheel Radio Controls

With Front Fog Lamps

With Header Courtesy Light

With Courtesy Light Delay

EDIT- how do you get spoiler tags on this forum?

Thanks

BUMP

Any know about the above query?

Just curiosity, I think its strange to have 115/120ps written on it. Its 118bph right?

Thanks

My etis now also says 115/120 whereas it used to say 115PS which I always thought was strange. Seeing as all the tech specs from Ford say 120 PS I don't think they'd get away with the engines producing much less.

Doesn't the 1.6 Ti-VCT in the Focus produce 115PS?

Ahh, yeah the Focus 1.6 is 115. That must be why it says both, because Its dependant on what car the engine is in a suppose, unless fords mixed it up and we all have slightly slower fiestas and Mr's Mum and 2.2 children has a slightly faster taxi for the children...

The Focus Sty;e/Zetec/titanium have a 1.6 100ps engine the Zetec S has a 1.6 115ps Engine.

There maybe 2 120ps engines on ETIS becuase with the new Dsl power upgrades coming out the Petrols are also moving from Stage IV engines to Stage V.

This wont increase the petrol power out put but they are reducing the CO2

1.25 reduced by 4g to 129g

1.6 reduced by 5g to 134g

• 2 weeks later...

Payday has arrived!

And the day to pay for my car. Got all my stuff ready. Cant wait, I know all il be doing is filling forms in and what not but still, once I part with the cash, its a reality. Its just a shame I cant collect it until 19th april(20 whole days away) Ive taken 2 days off work to pick it up :D

May just take a few more pictures of it....

May just take a few more pictures of it....

dont blame you!!! i find myself taking pictures when ever the chance comes about... and i hated the wait for mine too, made it even worse when the car was sat there and i still couldn't drive it as my test was knocked back a month and had wait 15 days after getting it on 1st sept :(

I only took one piccy, it pee'd it down as soon as we got out to it. =|

Il have to save the rest of the picture taking for the day I pick it up, when its all been cleaned and hopefully it will be a dry day. I cant wait. Im currently buying DMB badges for it, but not sure what colour to go for,

Black and White/ White and black or Carbon effect and white?

Buying Brighter bulbs for it also.

Might get an "S" badge for the front but unsure of how well it will stay on the grill.,

Anyone got any thoughts on it.

300320101546.jpg

17days Ive just got to sort all my music out for the ford playlists and mini usb sticks. Its getting bad now.. Ive emailed my insurance to ask them how much to change it over, I can imagine it will be daylight robbery but if its not..then I think I will have to do it.

A mk6 spare and jack will fit the mk7 wont they? There both 4 studs so I cant see why not.

Bump for above question. Id assume a Mk6 fiesta Jack and spare will fit the mk7 wont they. Il be trying it out day one anyway-jacking the car up to test the tilt sensors and to see if the spare fits it(handy having muy old car I can steal bits from still in teh household :D)

Took a mate to go see it and...yes..another picture.

030420101559.jpg

14days . . . .. . . . . . . . . .arrrrrhhh

I didn't have the wait! I rang him on the Saturday when he got back from holiday, and it had just come in, and I didn't have time between then and the following Thursday when I'd arranged to pick it up, although he took me down to see all the Fiestas at least 3 times!

I could take it when ever I want so long as its insured- but insurance not sorted until april 19th. Thats when I have 1 years NCB- otherwise I wouldnt be able to pay for the insurance

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh Picking car up tomorrow.

My mum went to see it(god knows why) on sat and it still had stickers and trasport wax and what not on it. I rang my dealer Wends and he said dont worry it will all be sorted and ready- I went to see it just now(tried ringing a few hours ago but he never got back to me..) and it hasnt moved and still has stickers etc on it. Im supposed to be picking it up 9.30 so it better be ready I dont want to wait around longer than I should- They have had alot of time to get it sorted. I will not be happy if its not ready. Spesh after taking day off work to enjoy it.

Il just have to hope for the best.

Ford are a joke. Remind me never to buy a car off them brand new please :)

I bet you cannot wait!!

I will be rediculously annoyed and kick off to anyone and everyone if its not ready. Its not like they have had to rush. its been there for about 2 months hasnt moved in 3 weeks though.

Barstools. i would have serious angry if that happens! i'd just tell them to take the plastic off and give me the keys!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club