Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel pump nozzle got stuck

mitch84

Hi

Yesterday I filled up my focus and the nozzle got stuck. I have a 2010 focus with the easy fuel system.

Anyway I went to report it but my dad luckily managed to release it in the meantime. 

It could have been a damaged nozzle, in the heat of the moment I forgot to check to see if it was.

Perhaps there is a technique to be sure this doesn't happen again, I must admit I did accidentally put a bit of force on the pump when I inserted it, something I don't normally do so perhaps the nozzle was a little damaged.

Next time I will use a different pump, has this happened to anyone else on here? I have seen reports of it in the US.

I was using EasyFuel for 4 years and never once got a pump stuck, just had a few that kept cutting off early which is the usual issue.  Can't say I've heard of anyone else getting it stuck over here either! :unsure:  Maybe you did just accidentally push it in too far as you say.

• Thanks 1

I did this on my Mk2 when I had it, got it stuck when trying to fill the car up on the opposite side going across the roof and at a funny angle, may have just pushed it in too far as you say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot of the time peeps can be used to the older versions where it was common to slightly lift the pump whilst pressing. With the easy fuel it needs to be perfectly straight or you will get issues like it being stuck or it thinking it's full. It clearly states in the flap sticker what way it should be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone, I will update if it happens again next time I refuel.

I haven't had a nozzle get stuck, but have had the mechanism "stick" in the open position, normally inserting the nozzle again and giving a gentle wiggle gets it moving.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club