Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic doors lock?

Xlasis

Hi everyone, 

Most of the time i am driving on the motorway, on this reason i want my fiesta 2008 doors lock automatically, i did youtube search but tyere is nothing at all, how can i program doors after x or xx speed central lock itself. 

Thanks. 

Driving around town at slow speeds I could understand as you dont want people opening g your door and nicking stuff etc.

However doing motorway speeds I dont get it why? Not like anyone is going to come down the outside and jump onto your car and open the door. You know, Fast & Furious style. Plus it means if you roll your car and the battery for some reason disconnects, the fire brigade have no way of opening the doors from the outside to get you out.

• Like 1

I would like the choice, that's all.  Not just for theft protection.

Auto lock helps stop insecure twats with road rage opening the door on your wife for instance.  yes you could do it manually, if you have the presence of mind in a crisis.

Mate i do see your point in one way as i did look at this on my 2011 titanium then had a think and left it for a few reasons,its so easy as i do it just press the button

on the dash then its your own choice if you want them locked and also they can be a dangerous thing if in a crash (what i read on forums )as all doors are locked.

I do see you would like the option but i have just stuck to my hand hitting the red button if i want them locked.

I believe this is an option you can enable using the ford ids or forscan. 

2 hours ago, jbell said:

I believe this is an option you can enable using the ford ids or forscan. 

When i was going to do it some people did say you can enable it on forscan but you cant as far as i can see and looked hard and on a topic on here i was told forscan

and a fiesta it aint there,if im proved wrong i myself would like to hear how and also Globel window shutting which was another thing i wanted.

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Global window shutting which was another thing i wanted.

I believe that requires all windows to be one touch up and down and that if the car had ability to have global open/close then it would be enabled from the factory.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I believe that requires all windows to be one touch up and down and that if the car had ability to have global open/close then it would be enabled from the factory.

Have all 4 electric but cant see them being one touch and as said before someone on here said a lot of stuff cant be done on Forscan mainly faults on the fiesta.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club