Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED Brake lights

Steve Broadhurst

Hi guys. I have a 2015 Focus and during a recent service i was told i need a new LED unit for the Rear Spoiler. Any one know how long theses units should last.

I haven’t studied the brake light on my spoiler, but I don’t think they are LED lit. I think standard they are 501 cap less bulbs. Unless you’ve got an ST or something that has a different light?

• Like 1

LED brake lights in theory should last the life of the car, but they don't. When you are next following a BMW, just count how many of their little LED lights don't work, Mercedes are better, but still, anything 7 years + will start to fail. There are exceptions in that my 18 year old 'C' class had every LED working perfectly, it's just everything else electrical on the car broke LOL. In my opinion, a 4 year old car is just on the cusp of giving issue. If they are LED lights, maybe you could upgrade to old fashioned, cheap. and easily replaceable tungsten bulbs  🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club