Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ST USB Charging IPhone Slow

kodiplod

Hey,

So I have a mk7 fiesta st and everytime I use my USB port with my iPhone it charges really slow or not at all.

Any idea how to fix or get around this?

The car usb ports are low voltage and meant for data transfer like android auto or usb stick media playing only.
To charge phones properly you need a plug in power dongle.
Car usb slots tend to run at about .5A whereas a phone needs about 2.1A to charge.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've recently purchased a 12v usb power supply unit to fit inside the glovebox or centre console; 

I will wire it using 15amp cable; earth it to a local point inside the vehicle using a crimp ring terminal and add it to the existing 12v socket fuse supply using a piggy back fuse adapter and a 15Amp fuse.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-24V-4-2A-Dual-USB-Car-Motorcycle-Charger-Socket-Adapter-Outlet-Fast-Charging/192923056306?hash=item2ceb1c38b2:m:mXQcKVPO7dCjFPUsvBRg9WA 

• Like 1

I've recently purchased a 12v usb power supply unit to fit inside the glovebox or centre console; 
I will wire it using 15amp cable; earth it to a local point inside the vehicle using a crimp ring terminal and add it to the existing 12v socket fuse supply using a piggy back fuse adapter and a 15Amp fuse.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-24V-4-2A-Dual-USB-Car-Motorcycle-Charger-Socket-Adapter-Outlet-Fast-Charging/192923056306?hash=item2ceb1c38b2:m:mXQcKVPO7dCjFPUsvBRg9WA 
That looks like a decent bit of kit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cheers guys. Also, why does bluetooth streaming from iPhone Spotify not show track names?

and usb playback is much better quality!

19 minutes ago, kodiplod said:

Cheers guys. Also, why does Bluetooth streaming from iPhone Spotify not show track names?

and usb playback is much better quality!

That's because you probably only have Sync 1.0 which doesn't support track names via BT. 
Also, playing music via USB will always be better because it can play without interference and use the full bitrate of the audio track. BT is limited to the amount of data it can transmit. 

12 hours ago, kodiplod said:

Ah I see. Is there anyway around making the bluetooth better and also showing track names via Bluetooth?

You can replace the module with a better version to get track names displayed on screen

I'd go for an aftermarket headunit and Speakers upgrade with amps as the ford modules are almost as expensive then getting the software correct, other thing then is the OEM Speakers are made of paper 

On 7/13/2019 at 3:42 AM, Lenny said:

I'd go for an aftermarket headunit and speakers upgrade with amps as the ford modules are almost as expensive then getting the software correct, other thing then is the OEM speakers are made of paper 

I was looking at this but all I could find was double din ones and think they look ugly haha. Do you have anything you could link me too?

Just now, kodiplod said:

I was looking at this but all I could find was double din ones and think they look ugly haha. Do you have anything you could link me too?

Personally I've fitted a double din in my focus a pioneer, 

But if your planning on fitting an amplifier then the choice of headunit doesn't really matter because it's only job would be processing sound where the amplifier will give it the power, 

So an Xtrons upgrade may be s good option if fitting an amplifier. 

Sorry, would you be able to send me a link? Im

clueles!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club